Home

Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden

This is a discussion on Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 05:45 PM   #17
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I'm gonna disagree completely here. Madden is quite obviously the superior football title this year. Your post doesn't even make sense...

NCAA is literally a dev. cycle behind Madden in just about every facet of the game, yet you think with a little "patch" (which would have to be NCAA 11 itself) would make it better than M10? Gimmie a break
At the end of the day, who cares what dev cycle they're in or how far they are behind. the bottom line is, how does the gameplay on the field? I don't see much in Madden that is better than this game in that regards. Now I'm not giving this game high praise, I'm just saying it plays better than Madden. People still find NCAA '04 '06, etc to be fun. Dev cycle and years behind don't matter if the game is fun, ON THE FIELD.

A patch can work wonders....did you ever play College Hoops 2K8? That game went from being a borderline joke to post-patch becoming on of, if not the best bball game of all time. Not saying that will happen here, it probably won't, but the possiblity to make it much better is there.

Last edited by stoncold32; 07-31-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN

ummm.. I was responding to the OP. He said this game will be better than Madden with a "great patch". I disagreed, and offered my 2 cents. That is how a forum works - there are people who have all kinds of impressions of the game & we are here to discuss.

Your comment asking if I had played it would be the one considered trolling.

And I don't care what Ian or the rest of that team said about the demo. I still believe it plays, looks, and feels better than the retail version of NCAA 10. Period.

please leave us alone

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #19
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
At the end of the day, who cares what dev cycle they're in or how far they are behind. the bottom line is, how does the gameplay on the field? I don't see much in Madden that is better than this game in that regards. Now I'm not giving this game high praise, I'm just saying it plays better than Madden. People still find NCAA '04 '06, etc to be fun. Dev cycle and years behind don't matter if the game is fun, ON THE FIELD.

A patch can work wonders....did you ever play College Hoops 2K8? That game went from being a borderline joke to post-patch becoming on of, if not the best bball game of all time. Not saying that will happen here, it probably won't, but the possiblity to make it much better is there.

dude he is a madden-ite he would not know good gameplay if it spat in his face... just let him leave, people like them you cant reason with.

those madden-ites you can find them in every forum except their own.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
dude he is a madden-ite he would not know good gameplay if it spat in his face... just let him leave, people like them you cant reason with.

Yeah he sure is a Madden-ite. Maybe you should look at his threads to show how much he doesnt care about Ncaa. The equipment thread, team fixes, gimp tutorial, presentation, throw back unis just to name a few. While your at it check out his Ncaa blogs they're actually quite good.

But what does he know
Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #21
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

anyway back on-topic,

for me they would have to patch the:

zig zag running
and i would like to see the cpu run inside more

that issue with qb's throwing deep i have not noticed, they take their shots in my games didnt notice any hiccups.

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #22
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

What exactly is it that you think is going to get patched?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32

True, but we are talking about big problems with NCAA that have plagued the gameplay for years since next gen. Offensive lineman still play like idiots, runners have no sense of weight & can basically swivel instead of pivoting, and we even have WR's spinning in place when they should be on a streak route.

IMO, these are things that can't simply be patched. These are core gameplay issues that have to be fixed over the course of the year. Now one day I really hope they can be addressed and we wont have to have this discussion of which is better - hopefully they'll both be evenly amazing. Until then, I still believe Madden is better than NCAA 10.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava

I'm pretty sure all the work Born is putting to get things in NCAA 11, especially Iowa's facemasks lol, hes not a "madden-ite". He like most of us want a full college feeling game, not just player models glitching down the generic, bland, and robotic stadiums.

Someone get the hose cuz here comes the fire lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »