Home

Would you guys like a paradigm shift in NCAA to focus on coaches?

This is a discussion on Would you guys like a paradigm shift in NCAA to focus on coaches? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Would you guys like a paradigm shift in NCAA to focus on coaches?

It would be absolutely beast if they added even a few fcs teams, just enough for a league or two so that you can start small spend a few years then get promoted to a small team like eastern michigan or something then a few years to get to the big top like penn state or something like that. Very similar to Legacy in college hoops. When you get an offer from like Okie State you have a tough desicion of leaving your current school rather than just simply pressing yes cause its Okie state and your App State. These little things you get people attached to their Coach And their players and their coordinators and maybe with some presentation, their fans.

But again, the dev silence speaks volumes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #26
Rookie

csuf559's Arena

OVR: 6

Anything close to the CH2k8 coaching legacy mode I will love

NCAA: Fresno State Bulldogs
Fan of soccer but no real favorite team
Old 08-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #27
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

YES!!! I've been clamoring for a gamebreaker/2k style coaching carousel for years. Most of us are over 20 and past the point of creating one's self on a college fb video game. I'd get much more mileage outta a coaching carousel.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #28
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
It would be cool to be at a lower prestige school, like the sun belt for example, and if your team starts doing good your coach will get offers from other schools. This could be like an athletic director mode and you would try and not lose your coach to bigger name schools. I think that would be sweet.
I see where you're going and I agree but I don't think there needs to be an AD mode. In college I had internships with both the SID and AD and the stuff we did could not be made into an interesting video game feature.

But I do agree that I as the player should have the option of following the coach or following the school. If I get a couple 9-10 win seasons with San Diego State and the coach decides to leave for the Pac10, I as the player should have the option of staying at SDSU or following the coach; or even being offered a job at a third school as the AD.

But that's as far as AD mode should go; the player having the option of staying, following the coach, or moving on to a third school.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13

I think it's not only a fantastic idea but necessary to make the game truly realistic (as fistofrage has already noted).
Old 08-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I see where you're going and I agree but I don't think there needs to be an AD mode. In college I had internships with both the SID and AD and the stuff we did could not be made into an interesting video game feature.

But I do agree that I as the player should have the option of following the coach or following the school. If I get a couple 9-10 win seasons with San Diego State and the coach decides to leave for the Pac10, I as the player should have the option of staying at SDSU or following the coach; or even being offered a job at a third school as the AD.

But that's as far as AD mode should go; the player having the option of staying, following the coach, or moving on to a third school.
That seems like a better idea then mine. But what I was thinking about AD mode is making money, upgrading your stadium size/quality, control the coachs, etc. But I guess you could figure all of those things into the normal dynasty mode.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 16

Agreed. Scrap RtG, or keep it, with some overhaul on it. Then make like a build a coach mode, or even dont do it. But with RtG, give us the option to either export the player into Madden or keep him as a coach and he starts out as either a graduate assisstant or a position coach for the players position, for any school(make us choose from a list of the weaker teams from the past season) and we can build the former player turned coach into a head coach of a powerhouse program, and then we can retire him and he can make the college football HOF if he was a great coach.

But, in Dynasty Mode, do an AD mode and we can hire and fire coaches for our team, coaches like the coordinators, position coaches and head coaches, along with the other various things in it. I would love to have strength coaches. I mean, imagine Mike Barwis in a video game?

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Agreed. Scrap RtG, or keep it, with some overhaul on it. Then make like a build a coach mode, or even dont do it. But with RtG, give us the option to either export the player into Madden or keep him as a coach and he starts out as either a graduate assisstant or a position coach for the players position, for any school(make us choose from a list of the weaker teams from the past season) and we can build the former player turned coach into a head coach of a powerhouse program, and then we can retire him and he can make the college football HOF if he was a great coach.

But, in Dynasty Mode, do an AD mode and we can hire and fire coaches for our team, coaches like the coordinators, position coaches and head coaches, along with the other various things in it. I would love to have strength coaches. I mean, imagine Mike Barwis in a video game?
No disrespect at all here, cuz i want a massive upgrade too, but what am i missing with this AD mode?

I don't see any real fun in AD mode unless it is a minor factor in dynasty. Upgrading stadiums is not a major thing unless your at a small school or something and the hire and fire coaches thing is weird if you are not the coach. What would there be to do? Do you play the games? Recruit? Or do those rest on your computer coaches shoulders? Is there anything you can do as the AD to affect the game or is it live or die by the computer coach you hired? Would we just be another spectator in the luxury box with not much real say on what happens to our team?
I always thought an AD is the guy who oversees all sports teams at a school and manages their budgets more or less.

Dynamic Coaching seams more hands on and personal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »