Home

Would you guys like a paradigm shift in NCAA to focus on coaches?

This is a discussion on Would you guys like a paradigm shift in NCAA to focus on coaches? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Would you guys like a paradigm shift in NCAA to focus on coaches?

I just wanted to add, for anyone who reads this thread and thinks that this is too much to be incorporated next year, that this year's iteration already took a step in the "coaches" direction by adding the startegy settings (or whatever they're called, you know the aggressive/conservative stuff). I actually feel that this is the most underrated aspect of the game... I have played with a few different slider settings and i think that the strategy settings are well-incorporated, and their effect is not overblown as some might claim. So they could even take baby steps by just adding O & D coordinators next year who have their own philosophies that they take from school to school in the ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY coaching carousel! Good job to the OP for starting this thread!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
No disrespect at all here, cuz i want a massive upgrade too, but what am i missing with this AD mode?

I don't see any real fun in AD mode unless it is a minor factor in dynasty. Upgrading stadiums is not a major thing unless your at a small school or something and the hire and fire coaches thing is weird if you are not the coach. What would there be to do? Do you play the games? Recruit? Or do those rest on your computer coaches shoulders? Is there anything you can do as the AD to affect the game or is it live or die by the computer coach you hired? Would we just be another spectator in the luxury box with not much real say on what happens to our team?
I always thought an AD is the guy who oversees all sports teams at a school and manages their budgets more or less.

Dynamic Coaching seams more hands on and personal.
http://www.operationsports.com/BORN4...etic-director/

Read that, he had ideas I never thought of. I always wanted a AD mode and he pretty much nailed it.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #35
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm more inclined to agree with what ZekeRoberts said than a full blown AD mode. My reasons are:

1. Lots of the pieces are already there. The AD mode idea seems like a major process.
2. Marketing the game from a coaches standpoint is way more marketable than AD Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #36
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I'm more inclined to agree with what ZekeRoberts said than a full blown AD mode. My reasons are:

1. Lots of the pieces are already there. The AD mode idea seems like a major process.
2. Marketing the game from a coaches standpoint is way more marketable than AD Mode.
I tend to agree with you Sois, but damn those are some great, well thought out ideas born4corn came up with.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

Dynasty mode has gotten stale, but instead of coaches or ADs, how about this....

Mascot Mode Dynasty

Think of the fun. Having a team of gators, tigers, and bulldogs would be awesome. I think this is the direction dynasty needs to take, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #38
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Old 08-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #39
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois

Absolutely classic!
Old 08-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

It is the essential next step for dynasty mode...period. It is also an essential next step in presentation (ie: cut scenes involving the head coach or coaches and their interaction with the refs, players, etc.).

Dynasty mode, as is, has grown excessively tiresome. Its same ole same ole.

Dynasty mode needs to take a step back from the focus on the TEAM (which can still be an option) and start focusing on being the coach (which should be the new directive).

You start a dynasty as a coach (you can start at any level you want, but alas, you are a first year head coach -- either open or closed, like college hoops 2K series for those that want to be forced to start with a 1* team).

You put together a staff...OC, DC, and "recruiting coordinator" (OC affects offensive stuff, DC affects defensive stuff, and recruiting coordinator can act as a "scout").

You have the coaching carousel at the end of the year, you can put re-arrange staff, you can do countless other things. You, as a coach, can grow and develop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »