Home

If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

This is a discussion on If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

There is lots of talk about CPU cheating/comeback code. I play on Varsity and don't have that issue, although I thought I was seeing it unfold before my eyes.

I was up 24-22 on Miami in game 1 of my FSU dynasty with 2 or 3 minutes to go. Early in the game I kept Miami in check with a lot of different zone looks, sometimes with blitzing.

However, they started calling different plays and began picking apart my zones. That's how they got it to 24-22. I switched up to man "D" and held them to three straight punts and 1 pick.

But, on their last drive Miami started getting smart again and changed the playcalling to exploit the man coverage.

As they were driving for the winning FG or TD, all I could think was: "Man, the AI does come back at will". I felt the game was all but lost. Then, I remembered the advice that I, and many others here, have given to combat this problem. We always tell people to vary the defensive calls.

So, after having run man "D" for 6-8 plays straight (as Miami marched right down the field) I called for a zone to see if it mattered. See the results for yourselves:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

Nope. Don't think it mattered.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
Nope. Don't think it mattered.
lol agreed.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

what a pointless thread.. really.

It`s the same if i say..
Ohh you say there is no pass rush!! look!....and i post one of the single Sacks i did on the season.

Or worst..
you think the cpu Can`t run the ball!!.. LOOK proof they run perfect.. and i post a Long run from the cpu...
really really this means nothing.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

That has nothing to do with cheating or comeback codes whatsoever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
There is lots of talk about CPU cheating/comeback code. I play on Varsity and don't have that issue, although I thought I was seeing it unfold before my eyes.

I was up 24-22 on Miami in game 1 of my FSU dynasty with 2 or 3 minutes to go. Early in the game I kept Miami in check with a lot of different zone looks, sometimes with blitzing.

However, they started calling different plays and began picking apart my zones. That's how they got it to 24-22. I switched up to man "D" and held them to three straight punts and 1 pick.

But, on their last drive Miami started getting smart again and changed the playcalling to exploit the man coverage.

As they were driving for the winning FG or TD, all I could think was: "Man, the AI does come back at will". I felt the game was all but lost. Then, I remembered the advice that I, and many others here, have given to combat this problem. We always tell people to vary the defensive calls.

So, after having run man "D" for 6-8 plays straight (as Miami marched right down the field) I called for a zone to see if it mattered. See the results for yourselves:

EA Sports: NCAA Football 10 Video
To borrow a phrase from "NBA Street", "Turn up your difficulty level playa"!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

So, because of one instance in a Varsity level game.... this doesn't exist? That's like everyone on here saying that Ryan Leaf was a terrible NFL QB, then you post a video of him throwing a TD pass and saying he's great.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I mean, honestly, who plays on Varsity? AA on this year's game is incredibly easy, as was Heisman on last year's. Heisman this year is definitely a challenge if you are using sliders, regardless of what anyone may say to the contrary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »