Home

Anyone else notice that Strong I Y-Trips...

This is a discussion on Anyone else notice that Strong I Y-Trips... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Anyone else notice that Strong I Y-Trips...

should have the T eligible? The tackle on the end away from the WRs is the end player on the LOS and should be an eligible receiver, and the TE is covered up and ineligible. This formation has been this way on the game for at least a couple of years. Correctly, there are no routes for the TE from this formation (at least I haven't seen any), but I think it would be cool to put some routes for the tackle! Or at least give us the ability to hot route something to him. Esepcially considering that this game usually touts its "college-style playbooks" and trickeration which really just means "Circus" and a couple gimmick plays scattered throughout Boise and SEC playbooks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone else notice that Strong I Y-Trips...

The flexbone playbook (GT, Navy, etc.) has a jet sweep throw back to the qb which is pretty sweet in concept, but nearly impossible to pull off in the game. Or at least I haven't got it to work yet
Old 07-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

^^^^Same with the flea flicker for me, it never works! Same with the statue of liberty, it sucks camel dick.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbird91939
The flexbone playbook (GT, Navy, etc.) has a jet sweep throw back to the qb which is pretty sweet in concept, but nearly impossible to pull off in the game. Or at least I haven't got it to work yet
me neither. but itd be pretty sweet to see it work
43 Conference Championships
3 Heisman Winners
106 All-Americans
on going NCAA Record 304 Consecutive Sellouts
There is No Place Like Nebraska

Old 08-01-2009, 02:58 AM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
should have the T eligible? The tackle on the end away from the WRs is the end player on the LOS and should be an eligible receiver, and the TE is covered up and ineligible. This formation has been this way on the game for at least a couple of years. Correctly, there are no routes for the TE from this formation (at least I haven't seen any), but I think it would be cool to put some routes for the tackle! Or at least give us the ability to hot route something to him. Esepcially considering that this game usually touts its "college-style playbooks" and trickeration which really just means "Circus" and a couple gimmick plays scattered throughout Boise and SEC playbooks...
This formation is just an unbalanced line is it not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This formation is just an unbalanced line is it not?
yeah, it would just be cool to take advantage of this feature

i started thinking about this because back on NCAA '04 or '05 i used to love the Ace-Jumbo formation, and i eventually got short on TE's but stacked at T... so I figured out that one of my Ts had a CTH rating of like 48 or 44 instead of 40 and i put him in as one of the TEs. For whatever reason, he was usually totally uncovered by the defense and so I would dump it over to him, try a user catch (didn't always work) and lumber up the field for a first down. Quite fun
Old 08-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
HST
Banned

OVR: 2

The NCAA rulebook prohibits players with jersey numbers between 50 to 79 and 90 to 99 from catching a pass.

It's not like the NFL where if they're eligible receivers they can legally catch a pass. I think that the only way a player with those jersey numbers can be eligible is to line up in the backfield, ie fullback or rb.

So, I'm actually impressed they got this right. Geez, at this juncture I feel like I should just be happy that they manage to have seven men on the line of scrimmage in all of their plays.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HST
The NCAA rulebook prohibits players with jersey numbers between 50 to 79 and 90 to 99 from catching a pass.

It's not like the NFL where if they're eligible receivers they can legally catch a pass. I think that the only way a player with those jersey numbers can be eligible is to line up in the backfield, ie fullback or rb.

So, I'm actually impressed they got this right. Geez, at this juncture I feel like I should just be happy that they manage to have seven men on the line of scrimmage in all of their plays.
Actually if they check in as an eligible receiver with the officials before each play they can line up at the end of the line as an eligible receiver. Unless that's changed in the last year or so .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »