Home

A High School Quarterback in NCAA 10

This is a discussion on A High School Quarterback in NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: A High School Quarterback in NCAA 10

Thank you for posting.

I hate this about this game. The passing game is incredibly unrealistic.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Probably was closer to 120 mph since I doubt you took air resistance into account. Either way, the unrealistic pass speed is a killer to me.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
Thank you for posting.

I hate this about this game. The passing game is incredibly unrealistic.
A video game is unrealistic? no wai.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
A video game is unrealistic? no wai.
If you don't care about the game being realistic go play Tecmo Bowl. QBs shouldn't throw 100 MPH. I don't see the point in trying to argue against that
Old 08-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
...can throw a football 120 miles per hour.

I just did the math on an out route in which the QB in my campus legend threw a 40 yard pass across the field in less than a second. After a few right triangles and careful mathematical analysis, I discovered that the throw was close to 120 miles per hour (actually, it's slightly less, because it's literally 1 mile per 31.5 seconds... so it's somewhere around 108 miles per hour.. but still!)

I'll upload the video shortly because I have it saved.. but my question is, how does this stuff get through testing?! I've had this game for seriously less than two hours (thank god I didn't buy it) and half the stuff I've noticed is just absurd. Sometimes things don't work right, I get it... but throw me a bone here NCAA, this is pathetic.
40 yards in 1 second = 120 feet/second

120 feet/second * (1mile)/(5280 feet) * (3600 seconds)/(1hour)
~ 82 miles per hour

A little fast for a high school (or maybe any) quarterback, but not something to throw the game out the window for.

And for the record I think that pass took at least a second if not longer, from looking at the video. (I saw it as about a second and a half, maybe a little less). If it was a second and a half and 40 yards its only 54 MPH, well within the range of the best QBs.

This also assumes that the 40 yards you said the throw went is actually right, I didn't check it myself. But it's definitely not 120 MPH IMO.

edit: I calculated about 38.8 yards for the pass, which gives a range of velocities between 52 and 79 MPH IMO.

Last edited by doctorhay53; 08-02-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

very interesting but it didnt look like he threw it that fast.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #15
Rookie

cruithear's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
40 yards in 1 second = 120 feet/second

120 feet/second * (1mile)/(5280 feet) * (3600 seconds)/(1hour)
~ 82 miles per hour

A little fast for a high school (or maybe any) quarterback, but not something to throw the game out the window for.

And for the record I think that pass took at least a second if not longer, from looking at the video. (I saw it as about a second and a half, maybe a little less). If it was a second and a half and 40 yards its only 54 MPH, well within the range of the best QBs.

This also assumes that the 40 yards you said the throw went is actually right, I didn't check it myself. But it's definitely not 120 MPH IMO.

edit: I calculated about 38.8 yards for the pass, which gives a range of velocities between 52 and 79 MPH IMO.
He said it is exactly 1 mile per 31.5 seconds. That is 5280 feet per 31.5 seconds, or 167.62 feet per second (making it 55.87 yards per second)... a full 39.68% increase over your calculations. I have no direct determination of my own, just thought I'd throw that out there in case you missed what he had said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruithear
He said it is exactly 1 mile per 31.5 seconds. That is 5280 feet per 31.5 seconds, or 167.62 feet per second (making it 55.87 yards per second)... a full 39.68% increase over your calculations. I have no direct determination of my own, just thought I'd throw that out there in case you missed what he had said.
There's no way it's that fast. I can tell just by watching the video. That assumes the pass got there in like 2/3 of a second.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »