Home

There are bugs, there are glitches, and then there's this...

This is a discussion on There are bugs, there are glitches, and then there's this... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: There are bugs, there are glitches, and then there's this...

Yea I've noticed this as well and its completely frustrating....this is what I've been saying...The people who make this game DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL. They know how to make video games....what they need to do is hire people who have football knowledge to consult with this game and LEAD the production and oversight of this game.

Then you wouldn't have this crap *** arcade style football with numerous glitches. Wouldn't it be amazing if you could run a triple option and have to key on a defensive end or tackle! The DE comes straight up field and the runningback just zooms past him...or if he crashes the QB keeps it and takes the corner...DAMN I wish they had some football minds making this game!

I would love to see a defender actually get driven off the football by a double team, then be able to fight through the combo once the other offensivelineman goes for a linebacker and some players that don't run like straight robots
Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does anyone remember in Madden 98 when the players used to call the strong side of the formation "Strong-left, strong left..." wow its little touches like that I can't beleive they have strayed from
Old 08-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

This is a ridiculous play. However, unless it is something that is happening regularly, I wouldnt call it a game killer personally. I have noticed that turning run defense up a bit makes defenders react to run plays much better and read run better. I have never had an issue with the cpu breaking runs on my that I felt were due to iffy reactions, however i surely saw what happened there. Ill just say take a crack at some sliders and recruit better lbs.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:20 AM   #20
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
I hate this with a passion. The linebackers should line up on the side they're supposed to. The strong-side linebacker should line up on the strong side, but not in NCAA Football 10. That means sometimes I have my smaller, faster guy either covering the TE, or trying to stop the run while shedding a block from the TE or FB.

Not how it's supposed to work.
Bit of an exaggeration, and it's a long standing one. If I'm going to berate EA in a thread, I should be fair and defend them as well.

It's true, most teams do list a Strongside and a Weakside linebacker, on paper. However, how this plays out in a game tends to vary. Most college teams (especially) line up strong right on the vast majority of plays (75-80% of the time), unless the QB is left handed, and a good portion of those teams that list a SAM and a WILL don't actually have them flip. It's too much of an opportunity for teams to take advantage of that with motion.

How often do you see DeMarcus Ware lineup on the defensive left? Never. Most linebackers listed as "Weakside" linebackers are, indeed, ROLBs, but because the offensive formations are strong right 80% of the time, they're almost always on the weak side.

There are teams that do flip their linebackers (I'm pretty sure Notre Dame does, for instance... or did, when they ran the 4-3, before switching last year), but in most cases, even that is a play-by-play thing, depending on the call.

So while they don't use the same terminology, the LOLB and ROLB concepts are solid and more accurate than the other way around for most teams.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-04-2009 at 03:22 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 AM   #21
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Lb doing this and the CPU can't run the ball correctly. Imagine if lb plays the way they should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
I hate this with a passion. The linebackers should line up on the side they're supposed to. The strong-side linebacker should line up on the strong side, but not in NCAA Football 10. That means sometimes I have my smaller, faster guy either covering the TE, or trying to stop the run while shedding a block from the TE or FB.

Not how it's supposed to work.
Some teams will flip their players and safeties while some teams do not. I would love to be able to choose in your defensive options if you want to flip the SLB and SS to always match up on the strong side.

It's just as dumb when you call a nickel zone defense and the nickel CB starts out on the side with no second WR. I shouldn't have to constantly flip my defense when the cpu offense takes the field - the nickel CB should automatically line up in the slot. If the cpu quick snaps, it can be difficult to get my guys lined up right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »