Home

2# Patch Information ?

This is a discussion on 2# Patch Information ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #41
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 2# Patch Information ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I dont understand all these 2010 rosters for 2009??? NCAA 2010 is 10X better than 2009, if people would actually try playing the game a while and learning the differences, it plays a great game of football, and the sliders work to adjust. When DK rosters come out we will be all set!!
So you're all set with a broken fatigue system where none of your Def players are substituted during gameplay? That's ok to have in a dynasty you say? That's supposed to represent football? You're all set with warped dynasty progression that makes way too many recruits in the game a potential low to high 80 by the time they graduate? You're all set with that? You're all set with Tiburon deving two football games and making one game full of nice presentation and the other as bare bones as a hyena kill, when in the past both games had an equal level of presentation? You're cool with that?

Aight then....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #42
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Im glad everyone here thinks they can do the job of a profession thats completely not related to their daily jobs. This would be like having a forum for sales, and then a bunch of kids or adults with nonrelated jobs saying they could do the job better. 99% of you dont give EA enough credit for doing their jobs. Its not like if your customers at your work were unsatisfied with their product, you would hop to their needs an hour later. Get over the fact that its their job, not their lives, to make a good product. They do the best they can.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Im glad everyone here thinks they can do the job of a profession thats completely not related to their daily jobs. This would be like having a forum for sales, and then a bunch of kids or adults with nonrelated jobs saying they could do the job better. 99% of you dont give EA enough credit for doing their jobs. Its not like if your customers at your work were unsatisfied with their product, you would hop to their needs an hour later. Get over the fact that its their job, not their lives, to make a good product. They do the best they can.
If building a half-broken product is the best they can do, they're not doing a good job.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #44
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
I don't care about the complexity of their jobs. I work in the maritime industry. I don't expect people to understand or consider the complexity of my gig. Your point is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that we are consumers of this product, many of us long time supporters of the NCAA series. Some of us go back to the PS1 days or back to the even the Genesis. What we are saying is that as consumers and long time consumers of the EA NCAA product we have been for the most part disappointing with these next gen games. I don't give a hoot about how hard it is to dev using the next gen hardware. None of us who spent our hard earned money on this game that has more bugs than a jungle should. I give EA props for improving the gameplay. I was on that wagon day one, but playing a bunch of exhibition games gets old after awhile. The other bugs make what's supposed to be the meat of the game unplayable. To that end I have every right to voice my displeasure in a constructive way.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #45
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I am just glad these guys don't work at a nuclear power plant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #46
TNT
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yeah I'm definitely going to disagree with you here...

the fact of the matter is, EA has released a "broken" product in recent years, withholding features of that product that were available in versions released previously on technologically obsolete equipment compared to what is available now.

If I sell coffee mugs, do I release a product that has leaks to millions of people, then come back later and say, "it's OK, we're going to patch it?" No- it's not good business.

Now, I can't call out anyone at EA personally, and I'm sure there are at least a few working on the game that DO truly care and that DO strive to release a great product. I think Adam is probably one of those people, and I think he does at least a decent job of connecting with the forums. This isn't a personal callout on him, just the company in general that released a game that at least half (and probably more) of this community consider to be broken.

EA's 'job' is to make money- and if they can do that without having to worry about fixing every little detail, having progression work and presentation be second-to-none, then why do it? This game only has hope because of those who care, and I don't think there are enough of those people working on the game...
Old 08-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #47
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT

the fact of the matter is, EA has released a "broken" product in recent years, withholding features of that product that were available in versions released previously on technologically obsolete equipment compared to what is available now.

If I sell coffee mugs, do I release a product that has leaks to millions of people, then come back later and say, "it's OK, we're going to patch it?" No- it's not good business.

Now, I can't call out anyone at EA personally, and I'm sure there are at least a few working on the game that DO truly care and that DO strive to release a great product. I think Adam is probably one of those people, and I think he does at least a decent job of connecting with the forums. This isn't a personal callout on him, just the company in general that released a game that at least half (and probably more) of this community consider to be broken.

EA's 'job' is to make money- and if they can do that without having to worry about fixing every little detail, having progression work and presentation be second-to-none, then why do it? This game only has hope because of those who care, and I don't think there are enough of those people working on the game...
We can officially shut this thread down now. This guy's post summed up everything beautifully. Good job.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #48
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT

If they really gave half a **** about this game there would not be bugs like, -45 yard drive, pitch plays counted as incompletions, broken sliders, broken rosters, the worst rosters ever after being "fixed", man aline coverage does not work right, no fatigue on defense, Gray sleeves for eveyone, AI option is terrible, Messed up conference schedules again, and the list goes on..............This game has more problems in its 12 year than I thought possible, the game is not worth buying anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »