Home

Sack Problem

This is a discussion on Sack Problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sack Problem

i just get to many of them. i like getting sacks, but i also like it to be realistic. my LE avg. 3-4 sack a game and i just got 10 sacks vs USC.

i play Heisman
CPU pass BLOCKING is 100
Human Pass Rush is 0

need help.

Last edited by ovillarr; 08-04-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: sorry for the mistake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Sack Problem

I don't use sliders, but wouldn't "pass coverage" mean how well the CPU defensive backs cover your WRs? I would think you'd want to look for "pass blocking" or something like that.

At any rate, are you controlling the DEs, or using some particular line shift to get all these sacks? I have never had a problem with too many sacks by my DEs on either Heisman or AA.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
TNT
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, maybe you can help those of us who have trouble getting sacks
Old 08-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Jballer's Arena

OVR: 3

I came in here thinking this was a question about having problems in the sack, to which I was going to suggest drinking heavily before.

With that said, I need advice on getting sacks. I never get TOO many, but not enough.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovillarr
i just get to many of them. i like getting sacks, but i also like it to be realistic. my LE avg. 3-4 sack a game and i just got 10 sacks vs USC.

i play Heisman
CPU pass coverage is 100
Human Pass Rush is 0

need help.
buy a crown, you are the king.

maybe adjust "pass blocking" & "pass rush" instead.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

First, is this because you're manually controlling the DE, or blitzing alot? I know AI should adjust and deal but it doesn't always. If it's because of your manual pressure, stop the manual work and control another player defending the pass.

You might also try other levels thann Heisman, I know you'd think that level would be toughest to get a sack on but not 100% sure.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I was having the exact opposite problem as I went four games without a single sack. I found that by having your pass rush at 95 or 100 and CPU pass block at 0 you create CPU Robo QBs, especially if you blitz a lot which I was doing. The CPU QBs would rush every throw no matter what, they would never take a sack.

I changed my pass rush to 60 and have CPU pass block at 10. Last night I had eight sacks in one game and four in another, too many from my LE but that is another issue. I would say over half my sacks came from a three man rush. I typically control a safety.

I think the harder you press to get sacks, blitzing constantly, sliders to 100 and 0, the more the CPU reacts to it by throwing too fast.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovillarr

i play Heisman
CPU pass coverage is 100
Human Pass Rush is 0

need help.
CPU Pass coverage also controls your guys who are CPU controlled, so they are playing amazing defense behind you. That's your problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »