Home

Why don't my players get excited?

This is a discussion on Why don't my players get excited? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Why don't my players get excited?

I supposed this could have been posted in the atmosphere or impressions thread, but I hadn't seen this talked about yet. Recently I picked off a pass with Iowa at Iowa State as time expired in a tight game (21-15) at the goal-line to win the game. My players just stood around after it happened. No fire, no sense that they won the game. Why isn't there some sort of code written into the game that allows various players to go crazy after a big play in a key moment in the game? The standard jumping around is pretty old and that seems to be the only animation that occurs by my teammates. TD celebrations are OK, but I'm talking about the bench, and players around the one I'm controlling?

When I beat Iowa State in that manner, the players should have rushed the field. That's the type of celebration I'm looking for in that situation.

Maybe something to think about for 2011 but it's something I've wanted for the past few years on next gen.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Why don't my players get excited?

If you've downloaded the patch, sometimes your player's will smile after a big play.

Unfourtanatly, that's about it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
I supposed this could have been posted in the atmosphere or impressions thread, but I hadn't seen this talked about yet. Recently I picked off a pass with Iowa at Iowa State as time expired in a tight game (21-15) at the goal-line to win the game. My players just stood around after it happened. No fire, no sense that they won the game. Why isn't there some sort of code written into the game that allows various players to go crazy after a big play in a key moment in the game? The standard jumping around is pretty old and that seems to be the only animation that occurs by my teammates. TD celebrations are OK, but I'm talking about the bench, and players around the one I'm controlling?

When I beat Iowa State in that manner, the players should have rushed the field. That's the type of celebration I'm looking for in that situation.

Maybe something to think about for 2011 but it's something I've wanted for the past few years on next gen.
Your players have 'been there before'. They play the gam,e and control their emotions and just get the job done. Just a mature bunch of kids that don't get carried away with taunting and overly celebrating every good play.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Oh and on a side note, my girlfriend was bored the other day and was watching me play the National Championship game.

Keep in mind this is a someone who doesn't play video games and probably hasn't played since Mario Brothers (excluding some Wii games and Guitar Hero).

Late in the 4th quarter she turned away (I can't quite remember what she was doing maybe on the lap top or something). As she was distracted I finished the game and started looking at the post game stats.
Then she looked up at the TV and said "is the game over"??
And I said yes, I won the National Championship.
And was like "That's it?? They don't give you a trophy or anything"?
I said Nope that's it.

It should be an embarrassing day for the presentation department when a conversation like that goes down.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
HST
Banned

OVR: 2

The calmness of your players and the crowd is part of a new feature that was added this year. Previously you had "Wide Open Gameplay!" as a feature. This year you have "Season Showdown!" and the new feature where everyone, including the crowd, is lackadaisical and just generally bored. This new feature is being called "Insurance Seminar!, Wow I'm Kind of Drowsy!" What do you think of it so far?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Oh and on a side note, my girlfriend was bored the other day and was watching me play the National Championship game.

Keep in mind this is a someone who doesn't play video games and probably hasn't played since Mario Brothers (excluding some Wii games and Guitar Hero).

Late in the 4th quarter she turned away (I can't quite remember what she was doing maybe on the lap top or something). As she was distracted I finished the game and started looking at the post game stats.
I said Nope that's it.

It should be an embarrassing day for the presentation department when a conversation like that goes down.
ahhahahahaahah thats an awesome story.

Maybe that should be the measuring stick for presentation. Did the girlfriend notice?
Old 08-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

ea must bleed!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon7 Re: Why don't my players get excited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

I said Nope that's it.

Yeah. Been there done that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »