Home

Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

This is a discussion on Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Yeah thats too mad

Normal mad is good enough. So does anyone know if I can trade this in towards CoD MW2 or is that 40 bucks offer only for Madden?
I will never forget this video
Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmpfeiff
EA is so good at sucking people into buying there games. Everytime I pass by it a Walmart I come so close to buying it. I have 09 and want to stick with it after reading the reviews. I always think I might as well get it bc it may be a fun game but I have to drag myself away. I think this happens to other people imagining things not in the game while looking at the box. As long as people keep buying it will keep sucking. EA doesn't care what you think when you got it bc they have got their money.

Madden 10 does look bad a** though in the demo. It may actually be a very good game.
No. EA has developed a following, they've established themselves as a reliable company in the industry(whether their games have been good or not) and people like much of the same, would someone buy some no name indie company's game over EA?(given the situation that EA no longer has the exclusive license of course)
More times than not any casual gamer would stick with EA just because they know what they are getting. Now most OSers would try the new game, because we(i'd say most of us anyway) are hardcore sim football fans who want the best game there is. BUT EA's biggest market is the casual gamer, a casual sports fan who just wants to play that game, not caring for presentation and realism.
So I wouldn't say they are "sucking people into buying their games" but that they've developed a reputation and they are a recognizable name.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Nope this game is horrible, I hope a new Gameplay guy comes in this year because this is pure arse. Really how can you not make a LB attack the FB on a PA? lol I mean does somebody need to go back to developing school? I for one am done with EA's NCAA game for good after this pee poor game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

OVR: 4

Could not agree more EA is a well known company because of their past. Back in the days of MVP 05 and NCAA 05 I used think EA was the best and the one to stick with. There gameplay was so much smoother over the competitors. They are now using that to their advantage making people think each year EA will have a solid game with updates. I remember the last All Star Baseball game made by Acclaim Sports. It killed EA at the time with more pitching motions and stances but everyone stuck with EA (Triple Play 2003 I think).

As for the Hitler thing that is hilarious. I have got to send that link to my friend.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
Pro

1 more week of playing this thing ( I won't call it a game anymore) until I get to turn it in for Madden the best thing about having this game I will not buy another until I hear about a new Gameplay guy.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32

There is nothing wrong with the gameplay.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #15
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmpfeiff
Could not agree more EA is a well known company because of their past. Back in the days of MVP 05 and NCAA 05 I used think EA was the best and the one to stick with. There gameplay was so much smoother over the competitors. They are now using that to their advantage making people think each year EA will have a solid game with updates. I remember the last All Star Baseball game made by Acclaim Sports. It killed EA at the time with more pitching motions and stances but everyone stuck with EA (Triple Play 2003 I think).

As for the Hitler thing that is hilarious. I have got to send that link to my friend.
Yep, not to mention they have created a monopoly in the NCAA and NFL markets by getting the exclusive licenses, so there isn't anyone to compete against. No pressure to make the game as great as it could be.
And Triple Play 2003 was terrible, I remember that mess of a game...ew.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
There is nothing wrong with the gameplay.
Look in the Bug thread, play this game online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »