Home

Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

This is a discussion on Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #41
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Squeeky wheels tend to get the grease. I am positive that if we hadn't griped about College Hoops 2k8, they wouldn't have patched it. They ended up giving us the patch of patches. Fixing my major gripe with the game of the AI not trying to steal the ball off the dribble.

I am sure I complain as much as anybody, but I would have to imagine at some point, I have pointed something out that the developers took into consideration. All I want i the best game possible and they can gladly have my money. So while I do complain, I can't see how its not a win/win for the developers. Free Testing, Free Feedback, and my $60. Any developer that wouldn't want a site like this to exist and point out flaws in the game so they can improve them would be foolish.
This is a good post. Constructive criticism isn't bad. For example, if you sift through the nonsense in the progression thread, there is lots of good information and research by the customer base. That benefits everyone. You just have to wade through a bunch of crap to find it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
This is a good post. Constructive criticism isn't bad. For example, if you sift through the nonsense in the progression thread, there is lots of good information and research by the customer base. That benefits everyone. You just have to wade through a bunch of crap to find it
Why is why they should take the clowns out back and give them a lashing. Anyone who can support their claims should have a say. The SUXORS! just tend to ruin it for everybody. As do the Freedom Fighters. Can't stand either, but the Freedom Fighters and FanBoys need to step out of the way when problems can be verified. Nothing worse than providing statistical data and having some clown chime in "Works fine for me" like they have a magic copy of the game.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #43
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I'd support more heavy handed mods.

Delete the worthless posts like that. Either have a stance, or don't post.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #44
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

I think theres a point where the criticism becomes criticism just for the sake of it, but especially in this year's game, I think the majority of criticism of actual in-game issues is warranted.

This is the most I've ever been disappointed by an NCAA EA game. Last year was a mess for the most part and while I do think they've fixed some of the gameplay annoyances that were in the 09 version, they've also exacerbated some and released a game that is completely devoid of any of the college atmosphere and still suffers from small gameplay problems, which add up to a boring and poor experience.

I had a contact high off of the demo and I enjoyed the retail version for about 48 hours, but since then, every thing that I've read people complaining about has happened to me and the complete lack of any sense of immersion and presentation hurts the game severely. There's literally something in every aspect of this game that can be criticized.

I've been playing EA's college football games since the very first one (Bill Walsh on the Genesis), and I cannot recall ever being more disappointed than in this year's version. I cannot wait to be rid of it and use the $40 trade-in deal to get Madden.

But hey, at least they finally got the bowl endzones in this generation this year.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #45
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Simply put, negativity will be associated with this series up until it returns to the greatness it had on the last gen consoles. Still too much missing, lack of innovation and gimmicks
yet at the same time if it does return to its former glory, people will still find stuff to complain about and always want more.
Because there's always those people that must find everything that's wrong with the game and clog the boards with complaints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #46
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
yet at the same time if it does return to its former glory, people will still find stuff to complain about and always want more.
Because there's always those people that must find everything that's wrong with the game and clog the boards with complaints.
I agree with you, but you also have to admit that if this series does return to its former glory most of the negative noise would cease. I think the majority of people have valid beefs with this game next gen. Guys complaining about real life animal mascots and facemask variety are in the minority lol. Most people are complaining about broken dynasty progression and broken fatigue, or crappy AI blocking. These are basic things that EA has done right in the past. Most of us are not asking for outlandish game presentation. We at least want what we had last gen presentation wise and expect sliders and dynasty to work straightaway when we open the package. Is that too much to ask for 60 bucks? To ask for a game to work?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #47
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by realultimatepower
I cannot wait to be rid of it and use the $40 trade-in deal to get Madden.
I co-sign the rest of your original post but I had to highlight this. This is how EA will continue to get away with tossing out NCAA however they want, regardless of the shape it's in. They know most people are gonna go out and buy Madden. Then next year EA will do the same thing to NCAA. I wish I was a Madden head like most people here because then I really wouldn't care as much about NCAA, but that's not the case with me
Old 08-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #48
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I agree with you, but you also have to admit that if this series does return to its former glory most of the negative noise would cease. I think the majority of people have valid beefs with this game next gen. Guys complaining about real life animal mascots and facemask variety are in the minority lol. Most people are complaining about broken dynasty progression and broken fatigue, or crappy AI blocking. These are basic things that EA has done right in the past. Most of us are not asking for outlandish game presentation. We at least want what we had last gen presentation wise and expect sliders and dynasty to work straightaway when we open the package. Is that too much to ask for 60 bucks? To ask for a game to work?
I totally agree with you, that most of the negativity that comes with the game is valid and if the game returned to its former glory, yes most of the negativity would go away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »