Home

Online Dynasty Help

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

sooners1033's Arena

OVR: 2
Online Dynasty Help

Me and 6 of my friends are in an online dynasty together. i am the comissioner and i made it a "rebuilding" dynasty making a list of not-so-good teams to choose from. the teams chosen were utep, ecu, southern miss, north texas, hawaii, fresno state, and louisville. none of us have ever done an online dynasty so we don't know everything about it. we finished our 1st season and are 10 weeks into the 2nd.

i have 2 questions,
1.) in an online dynasty can you be offered coaching contracts from other schools?

2.) in an online dynasty can you be asked to join a BCS conference? (other than louisville who is already in the big east)

thanks in advance for the help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Online Dynasty Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooners1033
Me and 6 of my friends are in an online dynasty together. i am the comissioner and i made it a "rebuilding" dynasty making a list of not-so-good teams to choose from. the teams chosen were utep, ecu, southern miss, north texas, hawaii, fresno state, and louisville. none of us have ever done an online dynasty so we don't know everything about it. we finished our 1st season and are 10 weeks into the 2nd.

i have 2 questions,
1.) in an online dynasty can you be offered coaching contracts from other schools?

2.) in an online dynasty can you be asked to join a BCS conference? (other than louisville who is already in the big east)

thanks in advance for the help
1) yes
2) yes
Old 08-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Rookie

sooners1033's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
1) yes
2) yes
thank you, that's good news
Old 08-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

there are no coaching contracts in online dynasties, at least not directly. you wont get invites to join another conference and you wont get offers to coach at other schools. you also can't get fired.

as the commissioner though, you can switch any player to control any team though. you can't switch conferences after start the OD though.

you can however, at the end of each season take the dynasty offline and advance to offseason offline which would allow the conference invites and job offers to come in and you can accept/decline them there. once that is done, you can retire the old OD, and create a new one based of the offline dynasty that has the updated job/conferences that you did and re-invite everyone.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
Rookie

sooners1033's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
there are no coaching contracts in online dynasties, at least not directly. you wont get invites to join another conference and you wont get offers to coach at other schools. you also can't get fired.

as the commissioner though, you can switch any player to control any team though. you can't switch conferences after start the OD though.

you can however, at the end of each season take the dynasty offline and advance to offseason offline which would allow the conference invites and job offers to come in and you can accept/decline them there. once that is done, you can retire the old OD, and create a new one based of the offline dynasty that has the updated job/conferences that you did and re-invite everyone.
dang that's what i had heard but was just hoping for a different answer.. ok the whole point we did the rebuilding dynasty was to join another conference but i didn't want to customize them just to make it a little more realistic so that last part was helpful, but i have some questions about it.

1.) once it reached the offseason we would all need to convert our online dynasties to offline right?

2.) once we got through the offseason we could then take the current teams and convert them back to the online dynasty? would this not cause problems with recuiting in the offseason, such as 2 of us going after the same recuit and since its offline and everyone's not tied together anymore we could both get the same player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also have a question: can you be fired from your job in an online dynasty?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooners1033
1.) once it reached the offseason we would all need to convert our online dynasties to offline right?
no, only the commissioner needs to take it offline. do it after the National Championship game has been played. then save it offline and while offline, advance to offseason. it'll go through all the conference invites and such. once it's done with that, you'll remake the OD(you'll have to retire the old one) using that offline save that is now in the off-season, and invite all the other users back. then all of you can continue on in the off-season and do the off-season recruiting stuff.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Old 08-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinapride
I also have a question: can you be fired from your job in an online dynasty?
no

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »