Home

Robo QB surfacing after the 1st patch?

This is a discussion on Robo QB surfacing after the 1st patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Robo QB surfacing after the 1st patch?

I am like any reasonable person on these boards when I say that the 1st patch was an awesome edition to the game this year. The different sliders are also a blessing.

However, there is still one thing, and really only one thing is knocking my enjoyment of this game down a notch and that is the dreaded "Robo QB"

As I stated, the patch was a blessing, but ever since I have played the game with the patch, on all different difficulty levels, with numerous different sliders, I can't seem to shake the Robo QB. My only sacks will come off of screen plays, compared to my experience pre-patch where I could actually get pressure on the QB AND get the sack with a LB/DE.

Now it seems that whether you rush with turbo, without turbo, as DE, as DT, etc... that every time you get near the QB he will throw a downright stupid pass (and sometimes connect) off his back foot, to a WR behind him, or just out to nowhere. Every now and then you can actually hit the QB when he has the ball in his hands, but he still coughs it up as a duck.

This hasn't killed the gameplay as far as the QB tearing me apart, but after playing literally 60+ games with all sorts of different sliders on different levels, I have found this to be a *gasp* game killer.

I am just wondering if anyone has noticed this being more prominent after the release of the patch. I would like to think it is all in my head, but I just see too much evidence of Robo-like activity going on.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Robo QB surfacing after the 1st patch?

Absolutely my experience after the patch as well. I had my pass rush at 90 to 100 and CPU pass block at 0 and then I would start blitzing more and more as the QB would release quicker and quicker. I would get plenty of pressure but never a sack, the CPU QB would throw into triple coverage as opposed to eating the ball. Finally I stopped trying to get sacks and put my pass rush down to 60 and CPU pass block to 15 and rarely blitz and I actually am getting more sacks. I had one game with 8 sacks and 4 or 5 of them were from a 3 man rush.

It is definitely not perfect as I have many games where I will eek out 1 sack but now I have games were I will get 4 or 5 sacks because the CPU QB will actually hold onto to the ball for more than 2 or 3 seconds.

You are definitely not alone and I like you almost quit playing as a result of how frustrating it became.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

I cant say I have seen the same thing! I did in the first few weeks of my dynasty games, but now the cpu QB throws ints and gets sacked on a regular! I havent experienced robo QB since my OD first started. Im in 4 total and we use modified sliders from someone here, cant think of who right now, and they make the game even better. A better pass rush really eliminates robo QB, because now they either get sacked or throw a bad pass. Not enough to make the cpu horrible on offense, but not enough to make them robo either!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

It definitely has started happening in my dynasty. I can't get sacks (was just outsacked vs. ND 7-0) and no matter how much pressure I would bring the ball would jsut get flung out of the pocket. This wouldn't be a bad thing if a blitz didn't leave you with bad matchups later in the routes... so not only am I getting no pressure, but as the QB stands in the pocket I am starting to give up a bunch of big plays.

It have really started noticing it in close games late as well... Clausen went 10-11 in the 4th Quarter in my last game including leading the O 87 yards in 20 seconds to finish the game with a GW FG. No matter what you call if you can't get pressure someone will come open eventually, that is why they say the best pass defense is a strong pass rush.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I defiantly notice the cpu qb still has a overriding tendency to make incredible dumb throws instead of just taking a sack when you get pressure. That and every other screen pass by the cpu results in a sack because the cpu qb is braindead on those plays.

Don't forgot the cpu qb never scrambling or taking off when pressure is there and nobody is open.

CPU QB play is still very predictable, doesn't feel very organic at all.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I haven't noticed it that much. I have the CPU accuracy turned down to 15, and the QB still completes 50-60%. I get decent pressure and average 2-3 sacks a game. I force some bad throws(occasionally the QB throws a ridiculous pass of his back foot while under pressure but its not all the time)
If you mix up the play calling you will force some bad throws.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Cannot agree with you more Baumy -- I've found some good sliders but Robo QB comes out in full force at least during the final minutes of the half or game... CPU QB's are consistently throwing over 65% on me and it's a bummer because I really try to enjoy the game -- but sometimes the Robo QB makes me want to throw my xbox.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 37

By season four of dynasty you are playing 09 against some of the good teams. It's really too bad because I finally found great sliders BUT the progression makes QB's far too good after 3-4 seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »