Home

Has anyone played as Oregon online?

This is a discussion on Has anyone played as Oregon online? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Has anyone played as Oregon online?

Despite their vastly better rating than last year, Oregon seems to be much worse when playing online and even the CPU. Most noticeably is the Offensive and Defensive Lines. I know that running out of the Shotgun formation is supposed to take longer but it seems even worse than last year as well as the line getting absolutely no push. I can only run Dives, options and off-tackles because all the other running plays take too long. It's fairly routine to see my line get blown up on option plays (even on downs even when my opponent isn't expecting it) and have my QB get tackled before the play has a chance to develop.

The biggest issue I am having right now is with pass protection. If I have more than one second in the pocket I am ecstatic, because last game it got so bad that I could only run slant routes when Michigan's four man rush was destroying my line on almost every play.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issues or if it was just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Has anyone played as Oregon online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppilot
Despite their vastly better rating than last year, Oregon seems to be much worse when playing online and even the CPU. Most noticeably is the Offensive and Defensive Lines. I know that running out of the Shotgun formation is supposed to take longer but it seems even worse than last year as well as the line getting absolutely no push. I can only run Dives, options and off-tackles because all the other running plays take too long. It's fairly routine to see my line get blown up on option plays (even on downs even when my opponent isn't expecting it) and have my QB get tackled before the play has a chance to develop.

The biggest issue I am having right now is with pass protection. If I have more than one second in the pocket I am ecstatic, because last game it got so bad that I could only run slant routes when Michigan's four man rush was destroying my line on almost every play.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issues or if it was just me.

I don't really think it's just Oregon but lots of people are saying they're having trouble running out of shotgun formations. Using Colorado,thankfully they have mainly singleback and I-Formations to run out of,which sem to work well for me.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
I don't really think it's just Oregon but lots of people are saying they're having trouble running out of shotgun formations. Using Colorado,thankfully they have mainly singleback and I-Formations to run out of,which sem to work well for me.
I just think it's ridiculous that EA managed to take one of the best running games in the nation and turned it into a joke. Combine that with the ridiculous pass protection and I think that I am done with NCAA for a while which is unfortunate because I was hoping for them to be much more enjoyable after last year's player ratings debacle.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
Banned

SeminoleWAY's Arena

I use Oregon's playbook and I get over 150+ yards rushing a game. I love their offense.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I won 1 ranked and 2 unranked matches with oregon. No loses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleWAY
I use Oregon's playbook and I get over 150+ yards rushing a game. I love their offense.
Can I ask how then? Inside run plays go in slow motion and outside run plays rarely get blocked correctly. Add in counters that take so long to develop that often the backside players are able to make the tackle. Maybe this is just Oregon as a team but, it feels like grinding it out rather than a wide open offense. Again, if I can get more than one second in the pocket then I am ecstatic. I just didn't think Oregon's offensive line was that bad.

It's just weird to me that I was able to run so much easier with last year's game despite all the improvements to the running game in the current version.

If you guys would be willing to meet for an unranked match it would be appreciated. Maybe I am doing something dramatically wrong.

Last edited by ppilot; 08-06-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
Banned

SeminoleWAY's Arena

You have to pick and choose the plays. You can't pick plays just because they look good or what not. It took me awhile, but now, I can easily get over 150 yards a game with ANY running back.

I'm FIU in my Dynasty and my starting RB has 398 yards rushing with 4 TDs and a long of 78 through 3 games. I play on AA, Heisman is just ********.

Find which plays work well against a certain D, and keep at it. You have to remember where the holes will usually be, Also, if you pick a running play with a pulling guard, don't pick it or use it if they are in a 4 DL or more set. Especially if you have horrible guard play. Use SETUP plays too, they work wonders with Oregon's offense.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

I played Penn St. online/ranked while using Oregon and I got throttled (stats wise) but I won the game. Two defensive TD's won it for me. I hated their playbook...I couldn't run at all until I went to goaline offense on the last drive of the game. I ran goalline all the way down the field to score my only offensive td to win the game in the last minute. It was beautiful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »