Home

jump snap is the worst thing ever

This is a discussion on jump snap is the worst thing ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: jump snap is the worst thing ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllEyezOnV
OL AI is bad is an understatement. It is terrible, esp for the user. Jump snap and all of the run defensive keys are way too overpowered. I didn't know that when you are expecting the run, all 11 players will leave their defensive assignments and attack the line.

I also wish they would add defensive holding to this game, corners seem to get away with assault whenever my receivers are running routes.
haha my favorite is when you get jammed on drag routes, it still blows my mind every time that happens

im pretty sure its impossible to get jammed on a drag route unless the corner is playing ridiculous inside leverage, which isnt even in the game
Old 08-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #10
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I dont use defensive keys cause i don't like the tecmo bowl blocking that happens if you guess right. I think if you turn up the cpu offsides penalty slider you'll get more cpu offside penalties. Haven't tested, just a thought.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

i have offsides at 100 and draw maybe 1 or 2 offsides per game using a hard count, plus 3-4 false starts. the problem is, when the CPU jumps snap nearly every play, that offsides number should be higher. And, by offsides i mean encroachment. There is no actual offsides in this game, as evidenced by the picture I posted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #12
Pro

jmill703's Arena

OVR: 6

LoL "Tecmo Bowl Blocking"

I hate this feature so much. I play my friend in this game from time to time and he abuses the "jump the snap" feature to no end. He does it on every play. If I hard count my OL gets called for Offsides or he'll still jump the snap. He'll only get about 1 or 2 offside penalties a game.

Is there anyway to combat jump the snap in User vs User games?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #13
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

Technically the game is sort of right, you wouldnt be called for offsides in that pic. It would be a neutral zone infraction. But I agree the jump the snapped is f'ed up.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
Banned

silentrob's Arena

OVR: 1

I've always hated this feature passionately. It would be ideal if it was an option you could disable. It almost single-handedly ruined a couple earlier versions of the game for me because, IRL, it just doesn't happen that often. Some the extra features EA puts in are ok ideas that were predictably overdone, but this was never a good idea. But like many of EA's bad ideas, once it is in, it never leaves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »