Home

Is This Cheesing?

This is a discussion on Is This Cheesing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Is This Cheesing?

I'm playing my first online game last night (I hate online games normally because of so many cheesers, but at least it's something different) Cal (me) vs. Florida. My opponent basically on 90% of his plays, uses the QB to roll out (sprint I think) full speed to the right or left and hit a wide open WR on an outside route. Of course my safeties don't know whether to come up and get him or stay back and cover the WRs. I play pretty good offense so I only lost 31-28, and he was playing with Florida (which is in itself a bit cheesy), but I want to know is this exploiting the lack of CPU AI that it can't cover outside routes? One of my TDs was when he tried to field a punt with two guys right on top of him, he fumbled and I took it home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Is This Cheesing?

Dude this happens ALOT online... even in my"sim dynasty" I try to blitz on or both of my corners on occasion
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Don't play people who use Florida or Ohio State unless they have a bad record. I played a guy who was 1-7 and chose Florida. I was like O.K. and chose Washington to maybe make it challenging. It was a blowout. I used the game as practice for my running game.

I have gotten some of good games from people who choose teams outside the top 10 and who don't gave records like 38-4. I think people are aware of the sportsmanship thing.

call de contain and cb blitzes until they get used to staying in the pocket. Or cheese back with quarters d.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

this is why i refuse to play online anymore. cheesers. heck, anyone who uses florida is a cheeser.(no offense florida fans, but lets be honest here, that team is too good in this game)
Old 08-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by madguitarskillz1
Don't play people who use Florida or Ohio State unless they have a bad record. I played a guy who was 1-7 and chose Florida. I was like O.K. and chose Washington to maybe make it challenging. It was a blowout. I used the game as practice for my running game.

I have gotten some of good games from people who choose teams outside the top 10 and who don't gave records like 38-4. I think people are aware of the sportsmanship thing.

call de contain and cb blitzes until they get used to staying in the pocket. Or cheese back with quarters d.
eh, not so much. 81 of the 120 teams have negative sportsmanship points, so I would say that most people don't care/aren't aware about sportsmanship. If they were aware, they would play like good sports and most teams would have positive points. But that will never be the case.
and never cheese back. that's just stooping down to their level, and we don't want that.

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 08-07-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockne2
Dude this happens ALOT online... even in my"sim dynasty" I try to blitz on or both of my corners on occasion
It won't be happening in mine, otherwise, folks are gonna be ousted with the quickness.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
this is why i refuse to play online anymore. cheesers. heck, anyone who uses florida is a cheeser.(no offense florida fans, but lets be honest here, that team is too good in this game)
I agree with you. The only sports game I play online is MLB the Show. Guys still cheese but it's a lot harder to do in a baseball game. On top of that the online dev team are hawks about banning cheaters. I hear NCAA online is like the wild west. Anything goes lol. I have to be honest and say that I haven't played onlne this year, but last year was enough cheese to go a lifetime for me.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
It won't be happening in mine, otherwise, folks are gonna be ousted with the quickness.
This sounds like a righteous commish. If EA gets around to patching this game up proper I would love to play in a league that has a true, football respecting commish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »