Home

Which Playbook is the best using the TE passing game (xbox 360)

This is a discussion on Which Playbook is the best using the TE passing game (xbox 360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #17
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Which Playbook is the best using the TE passing game (xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
Check North Carolina. Its one of the best pro style playbooks. I'd say its a better TE playbook than even Notre Dame and USC but those are also great playbooks. Oregon State is good if you like singleback sets.
UNC does have a good book for TE passes. Their book is right up there with VT for what I've seen.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #18
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Notre Dame's playbook has alot of great plays for TE's, they have a great pair of TE's in Kyle Rudolph and Mike Ragone give it a try, nice balance too.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

The generic One back system has a lot of great plays for TE.

Using that playbook in 09 I won several TE's the Heisman.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #20
Rookie

harriman8's Arena

OVR: 1

I use my TEs pretty exclusively using Tennessee's playbook. It has good routes and rubs with other receiver routes.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

I have been using ASU's playbook in my dynasty and they have a great playbook for TE's. All one back formations with at least one TE in every formation. Multiple 2 TE formations and a 3 TE one back formation. Even their 4 wide formation uses a TE in the slot rather than a wr. Its defininetely worth a look and you have to have a good TE to use it because he is in there every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
wow, cheeser's have invaded OS, guy probably likes putting his fastest WR at TE and his RB at QB also, play sim buddy, play sim.
Seriously? Putting a TE in the slot is cheese? Everything is cheese huh? Teams do that in real life all the time. It's not cheese.

I mostly use VA Tech and run balanced. I'm not super happy with either but I've got my go-to plays for sure. Unfortunately, my TE is awful so I don't go to him much.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #23
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
Seriously? Putting a TE in the slot is cheese? Everything is cheese huh? Teams do that in real life all the time. It's not cheese.
Exactly. Some of these guys who cry cheese should try watching a real game some time.

I have a 6'5", 240-pound TE with speed, and I split him out wide or in the slot sometimes to create mismatches -- just like the Kansas City Chiefs did during Tony Gonzalez's prime.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris
I have been using ASU's playbook in my dynasty and they have a great playbook for TE's. All one back formations with at least one TE in every formation. Multiple 2 TE formations and a 3 TE one back formation. Even their 4 wide formation uses a TE in the slot rather than a wr. Its defininetely worth a look and you have to have a good TE to use it because he is in there every play.

If I was into men,I'd ask you to marry me! I took a look at ASU's playbook and I love this thing. Thank you so much for suggesting it.

As for the TE sub being cheese. I look at it like this(while I pretend my opinion matters): If the formation calls for him to be there,fine. Subbing him as third WR so he's in on any 3+ WR set isn't. Just because a team in real life have a formation where someone is in a spot where they normally aren't doesn't mean it's ok to make every formation like that. For example just because teams use a "wildcat" formation doesn't make it right to sub your HB as a QB in every formation. If you have to do things like that to win,fine go right ahead. Just don't claim that it is sim because an ocasional team has a formation or two like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »