Home

WR Screen - execution problems

This is a discussion on WR Screen - execution problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 03:29 AM   #25
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WR Screen - execution problems

quote from above ... "That's all the proof you need. Same animation 9/10 times. Did you guys see all of that daylight?"

Yea, that's like 75% of it. Good job in capturing that. It can actually be even worse with the WR stepping back towards the QB... but this animation you captured is the part where he squares up to face the right way and BOOM. If this gets fixed, I am going to terrorize the online players who over committ with defensive keying of the run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know exactly what you're talking about. Rather than turning to the QB and waiting in place for the ball while the blocks set up wide, the WR runs back underneath the blocks into the center of the field back toward the football and the scrum, giving you no option to break it outside like in past years. It's usually good for no more than a 4-5 yard gain for me. I have been relegated to using it in goal line sets out of 5WR and its about the only time I have success with it.

Last edited by helix139; 08-10-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #27
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I always make sure that the Defense is in Zone and it still rarely works.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmont77
There's a chance that the animations I am experiencing online are due to home field advantage for the other team. Wr's might be rattled. I am pretty sure this animation happens home and away though. I am labbing different methods of throwing the ball. bullets, floaters, leading in all directions. Sometimes the damn pass works just fine, it's gotta be something definable.
I don't play offline so I can't answer this. But I do know that the play gets screwed up when you are the home team as well.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmont77
quote from above ... "That's all the proof you need. Same animation 9/10 times. Did you guys see all of that daylight?"

Yea, that's like 75% of it. Good job in capturing that. It can actually be even worse with the WR stepping back towards the QB... but this animation you captured is the part where he squares up to face the right way and BOOM. If this gets fixed, I am going to terrorize the online players who over committ with defensive keying of the run.
John Madden is that you? Ive never seen another person use boom so much.

Back on topic yeah it sucks but theres nothing we can do about it until the next ncaa and hope it's not broken
Old 08-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've played around with the middle screen in practice and I've had better success, backing up a lobbing it in the middle and having the receiver run across the field. Running it to the same side didn't work to well but running to the opposite side resulted in some long gains. Still really inconsistent and hard to execute.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #31
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

last year Ea did a very nice patch about a month after the game released. it fixed two major things that I can remember... kick off coverage was tweaked to prevent all the TD returns. and they also tweaked defensive coverages. When the game released last year, there was almost no way to cover the flats. they fixed that big time. why am I bringing this up? well, maybe... just maybe EA is going to fix the WR screen. It's not my priority in terms of wish list fixes, but maybe it's within reasonable expectations. The good news is that I fully expect the next EA patch to exceed our expectations on some areas. I'm not a doom and gloomer. The patch last year really gave the game a great boost. I expect nothing less than that this year. Why would I think otherwise.

BOOM ! (that's for you Michigan)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 01:53 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 3

Yeah, that animation really messes things up. I've had numerous plays where there was nothing but green on the outside busted because of that stupid animation.

It just annoys me with how inconsistent it is. I mean, there will be times when WRs with really high agility, speed, and acceleration do that animation, but then guys with low speed, agility, and acceleration make a really quick turn and break for a big play.

They need to make it consistent with what type of player it is.

For instance, Ryan Tannehill (WR #17 for Texas A&M in real life) is not a fast WR, in fact, he's kind of like Keyshawn Johnson in that area. Anyways, Ryan Tannehill should not be making really quick cuts and quick moves to take the ball to the house on a WR Screen. He's the type of player that should get that animation quite a bit.

On the other side, Jordan Shipley (WR #8 for Texas) should NEVER get that animation. Shipley is quick with shifty feet, so he should be able to make the quick cuts just about every time.

But, of course, even though that seems like the logical way to do it... that's not how it actually happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »