Home

Just can't get into Dynasty mode...

This is a discussion on Just can't get into Dynasty mode... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Just can't get into Dynasty mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
We're all BORED because we are playing the SAME GAME year after year. This in itself wuold be fine except there are missing features, no atmosphere and no presentation.

This I agree with. I've played it alot but lack of any immersive presentation really hurts. Particularly once you move to fictitious rosters, some story lines or dramatic elements to hold your attention would help alot.

Really need to follow Madden and get deep into dynasty presentation next year IMHO.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm in year six o my Rutgers dynasty. Loving trying to win the Big east and get into a BCS game. Hasn't happened yet.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

If they do something about the progression then I may be able to get into dynasty mode. Fixing some other game play issues with the second patch would help that as well.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #12
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
If they do something about the progression then I may be able to get into dynasty mode. Fixing some other game play issues with the second patch would help that as well.
Yea I agree, and the fumble recovery glitch where the player just stands there needs to be patched as well.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I only play offline Dynasty vs the cpu and I am having a tough time continuing to play it. I have played 19 games so far and I just can't get the sliders right. It has never taken me this long. Heck, I have been playing this game every year since the first release in 1993 so I know it's not from my lack of experience.

There is just something wrong with this game period. For one thing, no matter how much I keep bumping up the Pass Defense slider for both Human and CPU the DB's don't make a play on the ball. I never see them try to swat the ball down for and imcomplete pass. All they do is stand there and wait for the reciever to catch it. One slider that I think is greatly missed this year is Defense Reaction (I think that is what it was called in the ps2 version). Without it I am having a tough time getting the players to respond correctly.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I only play offline Dynasty vs the cpu and I am having a tough time continuing to play it. I have played 19 games so far and I just can't get the sliders right. It has never taken me this long. Heck, I have been playing this game every year since the first release in 1993 so I know it's not from my lack of experience.

There is just something wrong with this game period. For one thing, no matter how much I keep bumping up the Pass Defense slider for both Human and CPU the DB's don't make a play on the ball. I never see them try to swat the ball down for and imcomplete pass. All they do is stand there and wait for the reciever to catch it. One slider that I think is greatly missed this year is Defense Reaction (I think that is what it was called in the ps2 version). Without it I am having a tough time getting the players to respond correctly.
There are some great sliders in the slider section. I posted my sldiers there a month or so back and I find the sliders I use for A.A. are excellent. As I say, my issue is not the sliders but rather the lack of fun in this years game.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I do this with every game...Get so excited for it, then not really play it that much...Im not knocking the game, I think its pretty good...but i just cant get into it or any game

I've tried a dynasty with a teambuilder 1* team, Michigan, Iowa, Stanford and haven't really gotten into them past a few games..Just posting this makes me want to play as michigan, but i know i probably wont lol

But I think Online dynasty is pretty cool..For me, only having to play once every few days and knowing people are waiting on me if I don't play make the difference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #16
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I love this game -- because I love college football. I don't focus on the faults -- I focus on the positives, because it was my $60 dollars and I have every right to enjoy the game the way I want to.

I use Philly's Heisman Sliders and they are perfect -- close games, upsets, scares, you name it - I've had it so far.

As cheap as it is I am playing with my Ohio State Buckeyes. I'm in Week #11 of Season #1 and sitting at 9-1 (4-1).

Biggest surprises was my 17 pt comeback against USC to win 31-27. My sneaker of a game against TOLEDO, winning 28-14. My shocking road loss to Purdue 38-31 which included an interception returned for a touchdown by Purdue when I was going in to take the lead late -- and finally, my monumental slaughter of #5 Penn State on the road, 38-13.

My best advice to ya'll is to focus on the Dynasty World around you. What I mean is that after every game I play, I familiarize myself with the Top 25 teams, upsets, big games etc. -- it get's me excited for the next week to see all of the match ups and possible impacts they'd have on my team.

A great example is this past week were I beat Penn State. I had 9 teams ranked higher than me, including Florida (#1), USC (#4), Alabama (#5) and all of these teams were upset!

Florida lost to Vanderbilt due to 4 fumbles, 50-43! USC was beaten on the road against #24 Arizona State 34-27, and Alabama was shillacked by #12 LSU 49-14!

These three key losses shot me back into the BCS title picture. Best of all, Texas (9-0) and Oklahoma (8-1) are ahead of me and I'm hoping one of these teams will lose before seasons end -- although Texas is a powerhouse...

Point of my rambling thread is that you have to put effort into enjoying your game -- try to familiarize yourself with your dynasty -- otherwise it just turns into a cycle of you playing game after game for no reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »