Home

Just can't get into Dynasty mode...

This is a discussion on Just can't get into Dynasty mode... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #17
MVP

AnybodyKilla's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Just can't get into Dynasty mode...

I just finally finished year one with Syracuse, my squad! It was tough to finish all the games, the comeback AI just drives me crazy. I ended up simming my last game just to get to the offeason.

Only thing keeping me going are the recruits I have gotten.

I cant wait to use my 4 star QB who came in rated 85, hes gonna dominate...then 3 games in Im probably going to be bored as crap again. It's been like this with NCAA for a few years now.

Hopefully madden does it for me, Looman being on the team and doing things with the draft in franchise has me pumped.
#9 Syracuse Orange!! (15-1)(3-0)
Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #18
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
My best advice to ya'll is to focus on the Dynasty World around you. What I mean is that after every game I play, I familiarize myself with the Top 25 teams, upsets, big games etc. -- it get's me excited for the next week to see all of the match ups and possible impacts they'd have on my team.
1. Did you play any of the past NCAA versions? If this is your first game, then I would expect you to have the excitement. For those of us that have essentially played the same dynasty mode for the last four years, it's kinda wearing thin.

2. That suggestion above is kinda worthless if you are a crappy Middle Tennessee State type team.

3. It's sad that you have to do all of the heavy lifting due to lacking presentation. How would you feel if you had to do this for other games? Do you only do this because you love college football so much or is the game truly capturing your attention?
Old 08-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #19
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
1. Did you play any of the past NCAA versions? If this is your first game, then I would expect you to have the excitement. For those of us that have essentially played the same dynasty mode for the last four years, it's kinda wearing thin.

2. That suggestion above is kinda worthless if you are a crappy Middle Tennessee State type team.

3. It's sad that you have to do all of the heavy lifting due to lacking presentation. How would you feel if you had to do this for other games? Do you only do this because you love college football so much or is the game truly capturing your attention?
I've bought this game for two years on Next-Gen and own NCAA '98 for the Ps2.

To answer your question -- I love college football and it's not heavy lifting for me to look at other match ups around the NCAA. A lot people just play their games, oblivious to the actual Dynasty "universe."

Granted the game drives me crazy sometimes and I usually make it about 3-4 seasons in, but I am enjoying myself right now -- or at least until Madden comes out on Friday... haha.

I was just trying to help -- sorry if I touched a nerve or something
Old 08-12-2009, 02:16 AM   #20
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I usually love dynasty, but the broken schedules really get me. I can't get past having a messed up conference schedule every year. You would have thought they understood Michigan and OSU alternate being home every year for the game, it is only one of the biggest games in all sports. I used to laugh at nitpicks like that, but that really stops me from enjoying the game.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:51 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I felt the same as most of you guys...only solution is to get into Online Dynasties. Whole new game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #22
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3

Every time I start getting bored of a dynasty I start a new one with a mediocre team.

In 09 I started a dynasty with WVU then built up Miss St then went back to WVU.

This year I got one year into WVU but then started a dynasty with Mich St. They might not be the sorriest team but I like their uni's and they really lack overall speed as well as talent in their secondary.

But I'm weird like that, for the longest time I would completely dominate with my WVU dynasty, ripping big play after big play, going undefeated, bringing in nothing but 4 and 5 star recruits, winning Heismans, etc and I wouldn't get bored.

I'll probably get back to my WVU dynasty after I make a few BCS bowls in a row and win a couple of Heismans with my Mich St dynasty.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Only play PS3 O.D.: Played 09's O.D. with 5 close friends (6 Total) religously untill mid November...8 Seasons.
This year, we're in week 7 of our 1st season and I already lost 3 players because of all the problems. EA fix the user/user players from getting booted
4-5 times....each game! As the commish, trying to run a competitive non-cheeser dynasty.......I've used up every excuse for the NCAA Dev Team! The only way this game doesn't go back to the shelf is if.......in your endless supply of patches for this broken game: Patch #2 needs the Peephole viewing incident of Erin Andrews ! Otherwise, it's gettin' traded.....Bottomline.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gold and Blue
Every time I start getting bored of a dynasty I start a new one with a mediocre team.

In 09 I started a dynasty with WVU then built up Miss St then went back to WVU.

This year I got one year into WVU but then started a dynasty with Mich St. They might not be the sorriest team but I like their uni's and they really lack overall speed as well as talent in their secondary.

But I'm weird like that, for the longest time I would completely dominate with my WVU dynasty, ripping big play after big play, going undefeated, bringing in nothing but 4 and 5 star recruits, winning Heismans, etc and I wouldn't get bored.

I'll probably get back to my WVU dynasty after I make a few BCS bowls in a row and win a couple of Heismans with my Mich St dynasty.
If Madden's presentation and atmosphere is as good as everyone says, NCAA 10 will not be getting a lot of love form me this fall

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »