Home

wtf ncaa 2009 and 2010

This is a discussion on wtf ncaa 2009 and 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
wtf ncaa 2009 and 2010

remmber last year how they had wide open gameplay?
and you could break out of tackles by pressing up and the highlight stick?
ive noticed when they added this the player running the ball can pull of some very crazy and unrealistic stuff

like if you got like lets say noel devine running the ball and a linebacker comes at him and hits him. devine starts falling to the ground backwards but if you are the person on offense and push up on the highlight stick he will magically keep himself from falling then fall forward 2 yards ahead of where he should have been down. it is really ridiculous and unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: wtf ncaa 2009 and 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by edreedpicksix
remmber last year how they had wide open gameplay?
and you could break out of tackles by pressing up and the highlight stick?
ive noticed when they added this the player running the ball can pull of some very crazy and unrealistic stuff

like if you got like lets say noel devine running the ball and a linebacker comes at him and hits him. devine starts falling to the ground backwards but if you are the person on offense and push up on the highlight stick he will magically keep himself from falling then fall forward 2 yards ahead of where he should have been down. it is really ridiculous and unrealistic
I agree. It's cool that they have this "play aint over til the whistle" feature but they did a bad job implementing it. I played Cal last night in a play now game and Jahvid Best broke body tackles from LB's at random. He's supposed to be a speed guy. Let him break tackles from CB's every now and then, but not LBs or DL.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Lol, yeah, guys appear to be falling down and magically regain their footing and fall forward for an 2-3 additional yards. WTF! I can't complain too much, as I have converted some key 3rd downs with this animation.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

potty training
Old 08-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
potty training
Lol. Sounds like apex. He did an NCAA potty training vid. Had me rotfl. He's loving Madden right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I agree. It's cool that they have this "play aint over til the whistle" feature but they did a bad job implementing it. I played Cal last night in a play now game and Jahvid Best broke body tackles from LB's at random. He's supposed to be a speed guy. Let him break tackles from CB's every now and then, but not LBs or DL.
I wouldn't say they did a bad job of implementing it. I'd give them a "pretty decent" on it's implementation. It's maybe once or twice a game I see this. Most of the time it seems pretty realistic.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9

I see it more with power backs than speed backs, so its an effort to even that out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »