Home

Do you consider Season Showdown a legitmate feature or a gimmick

This is a discussion on Do you consider Season Showdown a legitmate feature or a gimmick within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Do you consider Season Showdown a legitmate feature or a gimmick

Its funny that almost every aspect of NCAA 10 is tied into this thing. So much went into making it work with the rest of the game that the basics were overlooked. IMO, I hope its gone next year or at least a very minor thing & not the main attraction.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think its a decent addition...It hurts the game in no way, its nice to compare fan bases, and people act like if they didn't put season showdown in, the game would be flawless because they would have so much extra time to fix every flaw...
Old 08-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Its funny that almost every aspect of NCAA 10 is tied into this thing. So much went into making it work with the rest of the game that the basics were overlooked. IMO, I hope its gone next year or at least a very minor thing & not the main attraction.
The time and energy put into this gimmick would have easily given us formation subs and refs on the field. Good call EA... you really captured what the gamers wanted
Old 08-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo17
I think its a decent addition...It hurts the game in no way, its nice to compare fan bases, and people act like if they didn't put season showdown in, the game would be flawless because they would have so much extra time to fix every flaw...
Either one of us could be right on this.. They have never told us the amount of resources put into Season Showdown. To me it looks like this was the main thing from the get go & imo took up a lot of precious time.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

The only part of it I like is the the "Sportsmanship" rating. It can help weed out some cheesers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #22
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Either one of us could be right on this.. They have never told us the amount of resources put into Season Showdown. To me it looks like this was the main thing from the get go & imo took up a lot of precious time.
Of course it was the main thing. Just look at the back of the box, it's the very first NEW GREAT FEATURE PRINTED IN BOLD!! I knew it was going to be a suck year for dynasty when there wasn't anything new being added to it and the great new feature for Road to Glory is "Sideline reports from Erin Andrews!!" Oh, and some of you forget but presentation was addressed... we have field goal nets now. Back on the PS2, I would sit back and dream of the day where the field goal nets would finally be shown.

Anyway, yeah, it's a gimmick. It's just hard for me to believe that the only people that buy this game for the dynasty mode are OS forum posters, while the other 99% of the people around the world buy it for Play Now and Mascot Mashup.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #23
Rookie

bricap's Arena

OVR: 2

Got to go with the majority. Complete gimmick...and a really poor one at that.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Waste of time.....great job Ben Haumiller !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »