Home

Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
Rookie

gotvols's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10?

I love this game. It's totally college football to the T. If you don't think so than we're not playing the same game or you don't know what football is. Now it's not as realistic as half of you wish it was, but it is football. If you want realistic than get off the couch and head outside. People will never be happy, they'll find something to cry about every year. I've bought this game every year since 2004 and I've noticed a difference in each one. If you dislike this game than go play something else. A true fan would like this game just because it's college football. I love seeing the orange checkerboard endzone and hearing good ol Rocky Top. I remember the years when the stadiums looked nothing like they do now, but it was still college football.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
Yeah, Corso and Herbstreit have said the same thing since NCAA 03. I can't believe they can't spruce it up a little bit each year.
They used to say more I swear. "That kid looks like he just spent a night out on the town.. "Yeah the big Hog Mollie up front.....Yada yada" are about the only 2 lines you hear besides Nessler claiming that I got dragged down at the 50 regardless of where I am tackled.

.....Also you go into the pregame menu to see who Corso and Herbstriet like and thats fouled up too. Herbstriet will be taking FCS East against Florida.

Whats the enrollment of FCS EAST? They seem to be able to field numerous crappy teams.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #11
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
They used to say more I swear. "That kid looks like he just spent a night out on the town.. "Yeah the big Hog Mollie up front.....Yada yada" are about the only 2 lines you hear besides Nessler claiming that I got dragged down at the 50 regardless of where I am tackled.

.....Also you go into the pregame menu to see who Corso and Herbstriet like and thats fouled up too. Herbstriet will be taking FCS East against Florida.

Whats the enrollment of FCS EAST? They seem to be able to field numerous crappy teams.
Yeah, you here the same quote about 6 times a game. It's really annoying. And, the only person I know that might take FCS East over Florida would be Mark May but who know's...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #12
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Like:
- Gameplay. It's not great, but the feel is much better.
- Some of the new animations are nice.

Dislike:
- Lack of atmosphere. Every game looks and feels the same.
- Dynasty mode is getting a little old.
- Physics of the players. They still don't move realistically.
- Defense in general. Not enough plays and the human controlled D still doesn't know how to play D correctly. I shouldn't have to make all these preplay adjustments.
- Lack of presentation. It's non-existant.
- The slowness of the menus and the occasional "freezes" after some plays. It makes the game not have a polished feel to it.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Decent game, but as a true fan, I just flat out want and expect more. I was bored after 2 days of playing.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotvols
I love this game. It's totally college football to the T. If you don't think so than we're not playing the same game or you don't know what football is. Now it's not as realistic as half of you wish it was, but it is football. If you want realistic than get off the couch and head outside. People will never be happy, they'll find something to cry about every year. I've bought this game every year since 2004 and I've noticed a difference in each one. If you dislike this game than go play something else. A true fan would like this game just because it's college football. I love seeing the orange checkerboard endzone and hearing good ol Rocky Top. I remember the years when the stadiums looked nothing like they do now, but it was still college football.
Lol... This game isn't football. You even admitted in this paragraph that the game isn't realistic. So how does the game "Totally college football to a T."?

College football is based on scheme. There is no scheme in this game. Further more, how do you have a college football game where the spread option is BROKEN???? The Spread Option has become one of the most popular offenses in football. Yet, you can't run it on the game because the Spread Option is BROKEN.

I have attended College Games and have watched college ball for 30+ years. This game isn't even close to duplicating the atmosphere, tradition, or college spirit.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotvols
I'm a major fan of college football, its hands down my favorite sport. The atmosphere and emotion of the sport is unmatched. Me being such a huge fan of college football is one of the reasons I can't get into this game. Atmosphere and emotion are practically non exsistent, and on top of that the gameplay is sub par. There's two major drawbacks on this game that keep it from being anything like actual college ball. The lack of weight and momentum in the physics engine, and the terrible oline dline interaction. Well that and the horrid AI, and the fact that you can shut down any offense running dime or nickle and playing press coverage. Imo, these issues take a lot from the game. Its very hard to enjoy this game.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i love ncaa 10, but

dislikes:
zig zag running
Qb's that dont run
cpu run game is bad BUT gets better if i dumb down my defense

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

I have tried to like this game so much... I swore I wouldn't play another down 2 days ago but still gave it another shot today... couldn't finish a single game.

Dislikes:
1. CPU offense will always score within 1:30 of the half/end of game if the game is at all close... if they need a TD to win you can almost chalk it up as a forgone conclusion.

2. Also love when my QB goes brain dead and decides to forget how to throw a timing pattern so when I have guys wide open I will drill it right to the safety which requires me to throw a completely uncatchable ball 15 yards ahead of my WR.

3. Horrible Pass blocking... with press coverage many times you have to force passes because you are going to get sacked (and you get the ball spotted at the end of the animation rather than point of first contact.)

4. Lame duck throws when hit. I can't stand them... and just played a game that I drilled the CPU QB right as he was throwing... complete 30 yards down field for a big gain (it was the last possession of the game by the way).

5. In some games regardless of the abilities of my O it just is impossible to move the ball and it's usually not because guys aren't getting open etc. It's because my line forgets that they are supposed to block or my QB just totally blows throws a HS Freshman can make.

6. I feel like it is a real chore to go and actually attempt to get into my Dynasty. There are so many sub menu's that it takes forever to actually see conference standings, heisman leaders polls etc. that on top of recruiting it is just way too long between games.... so I have no connection to what is happening around the nation outside of my team.

The bad thing is that I am finding more enjoyment out of just simulating the games and playing the rest of dynasty... but then again why did I waste my money on 10 when that part of the game is nearly identical to last year.

Last edited by Biodawg03; 08-12-2009 at 08:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »