Home

Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #17
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10?

For me my dislikes would be the screens and draws.

Those 2 plays are and have been a big part of my pro style offense for many years. The draw with that big icon coming up that blocks the vision of the play stinks! The screens are almost impossible to run, and I have run them very often over the years in this series. Something wrong with them but I can't put my finger on it. One would be when I take 2 steps back and I am smothered by 8 players lol!

Everything else is fine. I understand where alot of guys miss the presentation or atmosphere. If any game should have it, it would be and should be the college game even over madden. I think I will feel the same about atmosphere for this game after playing madden. Maybe next year NCAA gets the presentation and atmosphere so many of you have been wanting. I will complain too for those types of guys lol! Other than that I am loving this game very much.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #18
HST
Banned

OVR: 2

I dislike this game for the same reasons I would dislike an engineer that built a bridge out of yarn and popsicle sticks.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #19
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Dislikes:

Its annoying that they still haven't implemented things we had on last gen. And then they broke last gen pursuit angles and Dynasty progression so its not even an option either.

1. Dynasty Progression is broken. See thread on that.
2. Online Dynasty. Had to restart my user vs. user games 5 times before we just simmed it. Yeah, that was a worthwhile 4 hours.
3. AI Dual threat QBs are brain dead.
4. CPU run game is brain dead and upping the run block slider wreaks havoc on special teams.
5. Too easy to out recruit the AI. SO you have to make house rules. BUT progression is broken so recruiting is irrelevant.
6. Stat engine is messed up.
7. Long passes seem to be as easy to complete possibly easier than short passes.
8. Speed is still the most important trait. Bar none.
9. Most teams feel like all the same.
10. Last but certainly not least. STALE presentation
Could not have said it better myself. These reasons really hold the game back. It's on the verge of getting there, but it's 2010 and not much has changed that should have.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I've passed on NCAA 10 after renting for a week because of a couple main things. I don't like the new camera and I think the pass speeds are so fast that I found playing pass defense very frustrating.

- running game and cpu running game. The OL gets more movement which makes reading the blocks fun. The cpu running game is much improved. Breaking out of tackles is nice too.
- sliders work SO much better.
- cpu qb play. They don't throw as many picks and throw deep in 10.
- over the shoulder catches are nice.
- plays better out of the box than 09 which took a lot of tweaking

Dislikes
- really don't like the new camera and no excuse for not having the 09 camera as an option.
- super fast pass speeds look bad at times and also make playing pass defense impossible for me
- I personally think the graphics are a bit worse (debatable - may be camera related but don't seem as crisp), the crowd looks worse, the crowd chants are worse, the overall sound is worse from my surround sound, the menu lag is terrible, presentation seems worse
- game planning is very arcade like/ over done
- need to make pitches much harder as you can make a perfect pitch while lying on your butt

I don't think NCAA 10 is horrible and in some areas I seem some nice improvements. But a couple of things really bug me and I found myself preferring 09 which isn't as bad as some people make it out to be imo. If they brought back the old camera and toned down the passing speeds I would buy it. But for now I'm sticking with '09.

I really hope the NCAA team listens to us when we ask for user options. ADD camera angles next year, don't take them away. Add game speed sliders like Madden has. Madden has sliders for fumbles, fatigue (messed up in 10) and injuries while NCAA chose not to add them. Madden has a true accelerated clock while NCAA chose to do a simple chew clock thing which is only useful at the end of the game. These aren't even that hard to add - Madden has them! More options is a good thing.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-13-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just found something else that bothers me. The break out of tackles thing is really unrealistic. In fact, it may even be broken. Your player will get hit and fall back at the point of contact. He'll be two inches off the ground but the game will warp somehow and have him fall forward for a 2 yd gain. Its really wild. Also, the comeback code is really annoying.

I do like mix and matching jerseys though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #22
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Loving it.

I'm having some of the grittiest, closest games I've ever played. Most of that is because of the fixed pursuit angles and the sliders, which, even though they're not perfect, have allowed me to work wonders on the gameplay.

My biggest gripes are dynasty player progression, the CPU's stubborn tendency to run on 3rd-and-6 or 3rd-and-7, and occasionally idiotic CPU playcalling (stop running screen passes).

IMO, responsive sliders are just about the most important thing in the game, and they work pretty damn well this year.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 08-13-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

You know, I do enjoy playing the game. It's a decent game of football with the right sliders. The teambuilder feature, while flawed, is a great addition and hopefully can be built on for the future versions of the game.

Here's my problem, and its why I really just don't like popping it into my system. I'm a franchise/dynasty guy, and I play mostly offline. The progression is a joke. It completely kills it after 3-4 seasons. It always seems to be something in this series that kills a dynasty...this year, progression, last year it was lack of OL, FB, etc. After a couple years.

The other thing that irritates me more than anything is the slow and clunky feeling of the menus. Doing anything outside of playing the game is so tedious that it makes me want to put the game away. There is no excuse for taking a whole second between clicks when you are editing a player's size or accessories. When I am adjusting these things and doing things on other menus, I want to be in and out so I can get back to playing football. This game doesn't allow that, and makes you feel like you spend all of your time completing simple tasks in the menu that should be done in a fraction of the time.

I'm very torn on this game, and I want to hold on to it until the 2nd patch, even though it won't fix the menu thing. I just hope my frustration can hold out.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #24
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

For the most part I like the game. The Dynasty mode is fun accept for the overly done ratings, but you can get some tweeked rosters to start with so that is not so bad. 15 99 players on your team after a few years ,

The one single thing that annoys me the most about the game is the playing Road to Glory and having stupid AI. I currently play as QB so I can have more options but the AI is very port. Everytime I do a run play I feel like it will fail. Running backs are horrible at running sideline to sideline. Sometimes they only have to go a half a yard more for a first down but they will turn and run to the sideline and try and outrun someone before they cut up field and end up giving you 4th downs constantly. Same with receivers, they can get an extra 1 or 2 yards a lot of times but just run sideline to sideline or backwards and end up losing yards. This doesn't happen to me in dynasty because I can control them, but its very annoying when you have no running game in RTG mode and you constantly feel you must pass or lose.

Also the offseason stuff is really silly too. I mean I was just looking at what the AI did with the team in the offseason. They will have for instance 2 LG's that are both in the 90s and instead of moving one to RG they will play a true freshman with a 72 rating in that position. I wish there was a RTG mode where you could also manage the team (not realistic I know but at least they wouldn't be stupid).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »