Home

Anyone know how to stop this form of cheesing?

This is a discussion on Anyone know how to stop this form of cheesing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Rookie

xgoredhawksx's Arena

OVR: 3
Anyone know how to stop this form of cheesing?

A couple members of my online dynasty have learned a ridiculous new way of cheesing. Apparently throwing on the run is much easier in this game than I initially thought. They take the snap and immediately start running circles around in the backfield about 15-20 yards behind the line to allow all their WRs to finish running their routes downfield. Meanwhile, since they have fast QBs (Nesbitt and Jarrod Johnson) they are able to just outrun my DEs, LBs, and even CBs in some cases. Once the routes are over, the WRs run back towards the QB which is when they take of sprinting towards either sideline (with about 5 of my defenders chasing them) and then launch it 50 yards. It's so annoying and I don't understand why the CB blitz doesn't completely neutralize it. They find a way to just circle even deeper downfield and get the CB chasing them as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Anyone know how to stop this form of cheesing?

DE Contain
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 08-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

I like running the 3-4 against people like this because it puts your LBs in (sort of) a position to keep them contained.

Try running the 3-4 and then find out what their tendency is. For instance, see if they always run to the open side of the field... as in, if the ball is on the left hash and there is a lot of space on the right side of the field, they always run that way first.

Once you find their tendency, you can start running certain blitzes to stop them. My favorite is the "Wide Blitz" in the 3-4 Normal formation. Run that play and flip it so that the CB is blitzing from their tendency side. This will probably surprise them the first few times so you can get some sacks.

If you get their tendency right, they just might get confused and start thinking too much. That's when you can start running Contain plays (QB Contain, DE Contain, etc.). My favorite thing to do in this situation is to run the Nickel Formation, and use the "LB Pass Rush" package so that I can have quicker guys out there. Then I run the DE contain and that should:

1) Put my LBs (who are now at Defensive End) in position to keep them contained inside, and;
2) Make my MLB spy him so that anywhere he decides to run, my MLB should be right there.

You can also start sending many different kind of blitzes so that you can possibly get there before he is able to go anywhere.

This strategy may not stop those guys completely, but it should help slow them down.

Last edited by UTAllTheWay; 08-13-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAllTheWay
I like running the 3-4 against people like this because it puts your LBs in (sort of) a position to keep them contained.

Try running the 3-4 and then find out what their tendency is. For instance, see if they always run to the open side of the field... as in, if the ball is on the left hash and there is a lot of space on the right side of the field, they always run that way first.

Once you find their tendency, you can start running certain blitzes to stop them. My favorite is the "Wide Blitz" in the 3-4 Normal formation. Run that play and flip it so that the CB is blitzing from their tendency side. This will probably surprise them the first few times so you can get some sacks.

If you get their tendency right, they just might get confused and start thinking too much. That's when you can start running Contain plays (QB Contain, DE Contain, etc.). My favorite thing to do in this situation is to run the Nickel Formation, and use the "LB Pass Rush" package so that I can have quicker guys out there. Then I run the DE contain and that should:

1) Put my LBs (who are now at Defensive End) in position to keep them contained inside, and;
2) Make my MLB spy him so that anywhere he decides to run, my MLB should be right there.

You can also start sending many different kind of blitzes so that you can possibly get there before he is able to go anywhere.

This strategy may not stop those guys completely, but it should help slow them down.
The one problem I have with most cheesers is that to stop their receivers you need to go man because the zone coverage in this game leaves a lot to be desired most of the time (9 times out of 10 zone defenders drop to a spot and won't make a play on the ball unless it is thrown directly at them and they dont have to move), and if you go man you're always going to get a LB matched up on a much faster RB who they have running some sort of crossing route to the flat. If you manage to cover all that by rushing 3 and dropping 8, they're slowly stepping up in the pocket without using R2 so the DL won't come off their blocks if you try contain, and rolling to the flat and either taking off or rolling to the corner and either beating your DE to the first down or exploiting the lack of awareness of your zone defenders. Sometimes you can throw a blitz at them and confuse them just long enough to get a sack but soon they figure that out and offset it.

The only other problem I've run into is games where it seems like no matter what you do, you're going to lose the game. I had a game recently where I twice fumbled inside the opponent's 10 (once with Jeff Demps getting CHASED DOWN FROM BEHIND and a 70 yard run) and had 3 potential interceptions or knockdowns go THROUGH my DBs hands into the arms of a wide receiver who would continue running for the 50-plus yard TD. I lost that game by 7.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Play the Quarter 3 Deep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I can't even fathom why anyone would even play in a dynasty like this. I understand this doesn't help you to combat these cheesers, but the best advice I could give would be to get into a much better OD.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

that's my advice also, instead of tryin to stop cheese find an od that doesn't allow it there are to good of ods out to be stuck in one with cheesers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »