Home

McCoy gets jipped on player ratings.

This is a discussion on McCoy gets jipped on player ratings. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #41
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: McCoy gets jipped on player ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisonial2992
yeah, we beat Missouri too. lol.

and about Tebow, he is a very difficult player to solve. he is a great athlete and his stats are awesome, but when you compare his mechanics to other qbs you see that he is flawed. but he is certainly a great college qb and an awesome leader and he deserves everything hes gotten.

except for maybe the Maxwell last year. lol.
I don't have a dog in this race, but I'd rather have championships than awesome looking "mechanics."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #42
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
okay? are you saying thats accurate? lol
Not at all, its EA Sports. So I expect the extremes now. Its better than having all three, Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy come in as 88 OVR and tear the league up.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #43
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

What is the speed and agility for all three players?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #44
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Anyway I just played against Bradford in the national championship game and I noticed that his awareness rating is not as high as you would think either. Something like an 88 at the end of the 2009 season. Considering that Bradford led the NCAA in passer efficiency as both a true freshman and a true sophomore, and now he's a junior, and he does it all with his decision-making, he's not out there running around buying time until he can find someone, you'd think he'd at least be in the 90s for awareness. So I guess my point is that awareness for the top QBs is lower than one would expect, all around.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
yeah, we beat Missouri too. lol.
LOL!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #46
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
I simulated a season in Madden and Colt McCoy did not get drafted. Tebow and Bradford did, both came in rated as 78 and 71 respectively.
Now that is crazy.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
we all know that this year in college football the top heisman canidates are the big three qbs. tim tebow, colt mcCoy, and sam bradford. this is reflected in NCAA 10 pretty well. BUT Tim Tebow and Sam Bradford are both ranked as 99 while Colt McCoy is a 98. the reason Mccoy is only a 98 is because his awareness ranking is only a 77, while Tebow has a 92 awareness rating, and Bradford has an 85 rating. this is outrageous. McCoy will be a fourth year starter as opposed to only the three years the others have started. plus how can a qb who completed over 70 percent of his passes and led his team in rushing have an awareness rating that low? i believe his awarness rating should be just as high if not higher than Tim Tebow.

Anyone agree?
McCoy is 99% aware of where Shipley is on the field...When OU played against Texas, Shipley burned OU time and time again...it was almost like I was watching NCAA '09 in real life. If OU had double-teamed Shipley, they might have had a chance to beat Texas.

While I think that McCoy's awareness rating is low, I don't think it should be as high as Tebow's or Bradford's. I do, however, think they should all 3 be 99 ratings.

(FYI...in every dynasty that I've played, Bradford's gotten hurt early in the season...weird, huh?)

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb
Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #48
Rookie

harrisonial2992's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
McCoy is 99% aware of where Shipley is on the field...When OU played against Texas, Shipley burned OU time and time again...it was almost like I was watching NCAA '09 in real life. If OU had double-teamed Shipley, they might have had a chance to beat Texas.
Quan Cosby had 122 rec yards to Shipleys 112.

So his awareness is clearly to both sides of the field.

And how can you say Bradford should have a higher awareness rating? Tebow i could understand, but McCoy lead his team in rushing. That takes a lot of awareness also. How many rushing yards did Bradford have last year? I'll save you the google, he had 47.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »