Home

Release NCAA Football Later

This is a discussion on Release NCAA Football Later within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #17
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Release NCAA Football Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430

It'll be better so they have MORE TIME TO WORK ON THE GAME.
Uh, no.

NCAA is a yearly franchise. The development cycle is still the same whether they release the game in July or August or September.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #18
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Uh, no.

NCAA is a yearly franchise. The development cycle is still the same whether they release the game in July or August or September.
Thank you. I don't know why people think EA would get more time by moving it back. The first year yes, but after that no. I love how these threads pop up like every few weeks. If July is too soon for you then wait till season starts to buy the game. I got the game a few days after release but have not played it that much for the fact that I'm not in football mode yet. Thats ok I have The Show to play right now and then I will get into NCAA when I get into full football mode.
DK's post was spot on for EA's reason on the release date. The ones that want the game at a later date then don't buy it at midnight on release.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
The could always release NCAA end of July or beginning of August. Madden could still be released before the school season starts.

It'll be better so they have MORE TIME TO WORK ON THE GAME.

The process is a year whether they release every July or every August. There would be no more time to work on the game if they released in August.

With that said, EA should release NCAA in odd years and Madden in even years. Production cycle would be 2 years for each game. This, in theory, would give us much better football games rather than the POS they put out now. They could then even offer their premium stuff in intervals throughout the two year process and still make money as W@W has done. Roster updates $10.00. Different add-ons for dynasty $10.00. Added playbooks $10.00... etc. etc. I just think the game would be much better with longer programming time rather than broken games being shipped out of the box.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #20
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

They'd never do it, but why not go to an every-other-year, staggered release schedule (i.e. Madden in even years and NCAA in odd). They could release roster updates for last year's version of the game not being released that year, but only make them available for $ (maybe $10-$20?) or free if you buy that year's other football game (i.e. free roster update for Madden 10 if you buy NCAA 11!). This way we'd get MUCH better games and still have current rosters.

I'd even be willing to pay EA $100 for each game if they did this and quality increased a lot, so they really wouldn't be losing much money.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #21
MVP

adice15's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
They'd never do it, but why not go to an every-other-year, staggered release schedule (i.e. Madden in even years and NCAA in odd). They could release roster updates for last year's version of the game not being released that year, but only make them available for $ (maybe $10-$20?) or free if you buy that year's other football game (i.e. free roster update for Madden 10 if you buy NCAA 11!). This way we'd get MUCH better games and still have current rosters.

I'd even be willing to pay EA $100 for each game if they did this and quality increased a lot, so they really wouldn't be losing much money.
i already do that. i normally buy madden in even years and ncaa in odd. I dont know about $100, but i would definitely pay $50 or $60 instead of $40 if the games were better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #22
Banned

ka520's Arena

OVR: 10

think this would actually be a good idea. Some things get left out like new uniforms, & rosters would be more correct like depth charts, transfers, etc.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #23
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

They'll never release NCAA after Madden. And Madden will always be release in mid-August.

They give us NCAA to play with for a month, export a few draft classes, and then make way for the "king."

Which is too bad, because the college game is so much better than the pro game. But Madden gets all of EA's attention -- and budget.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree with you, but why not just wait until August to buy it? An added perk is that the 1st patch will already be out. And if there are any deal breakers for you, you will know from OS before throwing $60 down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »