Home

Recruiting: When to end the call?

This is a discussion on Recruiting: When to end the call? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting: When to end the call?

Okay, for a while, I'd been trying to fill the interest bar on each call. Obviously, I didn't get to talk to many recruits. I recently simmed a season and only spent enough time to finish a pitch with a guy with him having a toothy smile. I was able to recruit a 4* guy who didn't have me in his top 10 this way with a 1* program. Was this a fluke? Should you try to fill the bar every time? Should you just get him to smile? Are there cases when you want to do one or the other; what are they? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Recruiting: When to end the call?

I try to fill it every time. The instant they start getting sad, I hang up. I try to hang up before then. I try to time it to hang up the second before they start getting unhappy. I like recruiting in this game.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always make sure to stop it when his face turns orange. You aren't in danger of risking a hang up yet but you are still able to get in a couple things. When you are recruiting with a crappy school, it is important to try as get as much time in with great prospects as possible.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

See I think the whole “recruit getting mad at you thing” is one of the most unrealistic aspects of this game. I just can’t see that happening in real life most of these kids are flattered by the attention and look forward to the possibility of a free trip. This especially holds true with a recruit that receives no interest from any other schools prior to you contacting him – he should be elated at the possibility of play D-1 Ball.

Well that and the amount of time it takes to talk about a particular subject. I mean a lot can be said, in real life, in 5 or 10 minutes and talking for an hour about your program’s facilities is just plain unrealistic.

Recruiting just makes no sense. EA tried to make a “game-within-a-game” and it just distracts from the purpose and objective of recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »