Home

A new low for NCAA football

This is a discussion on A new low for NCAA football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
A new low for NCAA football

I'm down 3, I have the ball at the 1yrd line after a run..I wait until 3 secs left and start tapping select for timeout ( I have 1 left)..it's not registering so I panic and pause and try to call one from the main menu..nope it is faded out..so I lose..eff that. I haven't restarted once this year or last, but I am and I am pissed off I missed out on overtime.
If I didn't love college football with a passion, I wouldn't waste my time with it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: A new low for NCAA football

This has happened to me as well. I beleive if there is less that five seconds left often you will not be able to call a time out unless you pause and go into the game screen and call it from there. Screwed up eh?!?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmoneyH3
I'm down 3, I have the ball at the 1yrd line after a run..I wait until 3 secs left and start tapping select for timeout ( I have 1 left)..it's not registering so I panic and pause and try to call one from the main menu..nope it is faded out..so I lose..eff that. I haven't restarted once this year or last, but I am and I am pissed off I missed out on overtime.
If I didn't love college football with a passion, I wouldn't waste my time with it..
Dont put yourself in that kind of situation. Just hurry up and score. If your down points, your shouldnt be draining clock.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
Rookie

What's wierd is that is ALWAYS my strategy. I wait until 2-3 ticks are left (so no time remains afterwards) and have never had it happen. At least I am not the only one whom this has happen to.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyC5252
Dont put yourself in that kind of situation. Just hurry up and score. If your down points, your shouldnt be draining clock.
I had one TO left with 15 secs, I ran up the gut to get as close to the FG as possible. The run was over with at least 5 secs left. I can't believe some ppl are actually still trying to defend this game. If there wasn't super human blocking that occurs every so often on KO returns, maybe I would have kicked the FG earlier, but EVERY college coach would wait to kick the game tying FG to head into overtime..no one chances a KO return on the final play of the game. I played the situation right and the game screwed me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmoneyH3
I had one TO left with 15 secs, I ran up the gut to get as close to the FG as possible. The run was over with at least 5 secs left. I can't believe some ppl are actually still trying to defend this game. If there wasn't super human blocking that occurs every so often on KO returns, maybe I would have kicked the FG earlier, but EVERY college coach would wait to kick the game tying FG to head into overtime..no one chances a KO return on the final play of the game. I played the situation right and the game screwed me.
I feel you man. There's like 8 seconds left on the clock in the first half and I'm driving with 2 time-outs in hand. I'm on the 31, left hash and trying to get to the middle of the field by running a simple power play out of goaline to get into better field position for my kicker. Takes about 4 or 5 seconds. So with 3 seconds left on the clock I try to call time-out. Nope. 2 seconds left, and I try calling a time-out. Nope. 1 second left and still trying to call a time-out. Nope. How can I have 2 time-outs with 3 seconds left and not be able to use 1 of them? This just baffles me.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

This timeout problem goes hand in hand with the fact that games this year can end on a defensive penalty, just pathetic.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #8
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

maybe u used a timeout you forgot abour via challenge or something? ive done that before been mad, then realized aw crap....

im just sayin, only cuz i havent had it happen to me yet...

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »