Home

Whose your favorite football player that's NOT on your team?

This is a discussion on Whose your favorite football player that's NOT on your team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2003, 06:38 PM   #17
Rookie

HappyValley's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Whose your favorite football player that\'s NOT on your team?

Yeah didn't he come out of the Philly area? He would have been PERFECT to replace Johnson. Let's just hope Austin Scott is the real deal.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:40 PM   #18
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Eli Manning hometown boy gotta rep'em
Old 05-21-2003, 06:45 PM   #19
Rookie

HappyValley's Arena

I'll never forget that game because I wanted to watch it so bad, but I was in a friend's wedding that day. Any chance I had I would sneak out to the radio in my car and try to listen to the game on the radio. At one point it was a complete blowout by Iowa.

The next chance I had to sneak out I couldn't believe it but the game was tied!! Iowa has really been giving PSU a hard time in recent years.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:11 PM   #20
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

Kellen Winslow MIA

Old 05-21-2003, 07:33 PM   #21
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

psufan said:
Quote:

geaux5000 said:
Quote:

psufan said:
I was at that Iowa v. Penn State game...it was insane...like 20,000 people spread out through a +100,000 stadium.

There were only 20,000 people at the game or what? I remember that game and seemed to remember it being full...

People left because it was a blow out but mills brought us back

btw happy valley did you know Kevin jones was planning on going to Penn State but Beamer stole him from us!!! what a great back to replace LJ

yeah my favorite player that's not a Cane is Kevin Jones also. he's built and has the talent of a superback. like psufan said, he came out of the Philly area...Cardinal O'Hara High School, which is in Springfield, PA(just a some minutes out of Philly).

and yeah he had PSU on his planner but also from what Jones' father said on the local sportstation 610 WIP, Kevin was very much high on Miami too and was thinking of going there, but his father let it be known on the radio that he persuaded Kevin from any Miami ideas and now he kinda regrets doing that to his son this is Big East country when it comes to football. Howard Clark and Jamaal Green of Miami are from Pennsauken, NJ and Camden, NJ respectively(literally right across the bridges) and Jones from the Philly area.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2003, 08:10 PM   #22
Rookie

HappyValley's Arena

Hey Programmed, who exactly is this Devin Hester guy that you have in your sig? Where is he from and what school is he going to? Those stats are out of this world!
Old 05-21-2003, 08:11 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I too was at the Iowa-Penn State game this year and it was a total heartbreaker (for a PSU fan anyway). The comeback was surreal and the only way it was made possible was due to the fact that Iowa failed to convert twice from inside Penn State's 10 yard line. After it happened the second time I figured we were about to see something special...and we did! Unfortunately the final outcome was not to my liking, but still a hell of a game. Very gutsy performance by Mills indeed.

To stay on topic, I would have to say my favorite player on another team would have to be...Bob Sanders DB Iowa, small in stature but a big time player.

A lot of people seem to bring up Kevin Jones and as for me he's a little too cocky for my liking. Also the comparisons to McGahee are over-exaggerated...Jones is much too soft to be on McGahee's level. Personally I think Austin Scott will make us soon forget about losing Jones. It will work out for the better. He has more of the Penn State mentality.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:13 PM   #24
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

HappyValley said:
Hey Programmed, who exactly is this Devin Hester guy that you have in your sig? Where is he from and what school is he going to? Those stats are out of this world!

Devin Hester is considered to be the best athelete in Nation you never heard of. He is one of the most talented recruits at Miami can play WR or DB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »