Home

stupid sportsmanship points

This is a discussion on stupid sportsmanship points within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
stupid sportsmanship points

im not a fan of it. i like the idea of season showdown but it sucks right cause of the popularity contest aspect. Has anyone else had this happen:

Im up 42-21 and UGA kicks off to me (Bama) to start the 3rd quarter. I run a couple of plays and then pass on 3rd and 6 for a first down... and get -15 points sportsmanship. what the hell? i get not running the score up and EA is trying to teach the kids or something but at the start of the 3rd? am i suppose to be one dimensional until the opponent gets back into the game?

Theres bigger issues with the game than this but good grief. Im not a Madden fan so this is my football fix and it can be disappointing at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: stupid sportsmanship points

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaphant83
im not a fan of it. i like the idea of season showdown but it sucks right cause of the popularity contest aspect. Has anyone else had this happen:

Im up 42-21 and UGA kicks off to me (Bama) to start the 3rd quarter. I run a couple of plays and then pass on 3rd and 6 for a first down... and get -15 points sportsmanship. what the hell? i get not running the score up and EA is trying to teach the kids or something but at the start of the 3rd? am i suppose to be one dimensional until the opponent gets back into the game?

Theres bigger issues with the game than this but good grief. Im not a Madden fan so this is my football fix and it can be disappointing at times.

SS is a complete joke. I may be alone on this one but I HAVE NOT TURNED ON SEASON SHOWDOWN NOR HAVE I EVEN ENTERED THE SEASON SHOWDOWN SECTION in the game. I refuse to endorse any of these silly features anymore.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

i have roughly -11,000 sportsmanship points
the max you can get in 1 game is 2000

season s howdown sucks
Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
i have roughly -11,000 sportsmanship points
the max you can get in 1 game is 2000

season s howdown sucks

ive gotten up to 300 in a game. sually at the end for taking a knee/ chewing clock. but damn 2000? i dont HATE SS, just the sportsmanship points suck. how come i get points taken off for passing at the start of the third when only up by 21 on the road?it just takes away a lot of aspects of the game way to early. and you cant get points FOR sportsmanship until the 4th (other than kicking on 4th and stuff)
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
SS is a complete joke. I may be alone on this one but I HAVE NOT TURNED ON SEASON SHOWDOWN NOR HAVE I EVEN ENTERED THE SEASON SHOWDOWN SECTION in the game. I refuse to endorse any of these silly features anymore.
I opened it once and signed up for it. But it's stupid though.

I've never done RTG, or any of that other non-sense though.

At this point, I try to rack up as many unsportmanships points as I can. The CPU cheats, and I feel vindicated when I get a chance to punish it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Its stupid, considering that when the cpu gets ahead by a large margin they do not put in their second teamers, continue to pass the ball, and blitz like there is no tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I did it and I more or less wish I hadn't bothered. I pretty much just ignore it but is there any way I can "get rid of it" or whatever?

Hell, I get a laugh at what the CPU defines as good sportsmanship or bad.

If you're even leading by one point in the game...If you DARE to pass the football AT ALL in the 4th quarter...point docking coming your way no matter what. It's a joke.

I got annoyed enough at it one time that I deliberately said the hell with it and played a major cheesefest game against the CPU. I played out of the shotgun on every down, racked up insane offense of probably damned near 600 yards and 500 of it was passing, and did this for the entire game nonstop. No huddles, you name it. As cheesy and ridiculous as it could get. It was funny because even Herbstreit was like "Another touchdown" in a pretty exasperated voice of disbelief.

70-14 was the final score with 4 minute quarters. I just kicked that CPU's *** six ways to Tuesday.

I had -785 sportsmanship at the end of that thing and I felt good about it.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
Rookie

While I agree that you shouldn't get negative sportsmanship points for passing on 3 and 5+ the other features are pretty good. I like how going for 2, kicking on-side kicks, passing for TD's all warrant negative sportsmanship when up by 3+ TD's.

To the people that brag about getting -2000 sportsmanship there is a reason you are garbage. I love playing people online that feel they need to go for it on every 4th down and try to kick on-sides all game bc they usually quit by halftime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »