Home

1 month after release. How have your impressions about NCAA 10 changed?

This is a discussion on 1 month after release. How have your impressions about NCAA 10 changed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: 1 month after release. How have your impressions about NCAA 10 changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I gave it a 6 when it came out and its probably lower now with all the disconnects from user vs. user games in dynasty. No atmosphere at all. AI is braindead on the option play. AI rush defense can't stop outside runs unless you put the sliders to where all running is ineffective. Progression is broken. The list goes on.
Yea my thoughts about the game have remained pretty consistent.. I didn't like it before it came out, when it came out, or now. IMO its beyond help for me to enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #26
Rookie

Macc24JR's Arena

OVR: 5

lol I cant understand why people hate this game so much. I have fun either way. I guess I just must like college football that much more than the average fan.

I've been messing with sliders on AA and I've found a much much more challenging game than in years past. I'm not a very hard critic but I think everyone cries too much about the game not being perfect. Keep in mind this is really the only 2nd year for new gen football games.

My rating? 8.5/10

MLB - Atlanta Braves
NFL - Philly Eagles / Seattle Seahawks
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NBA - Detroit Pistons
College - USC Trojans

Last edited by Macc24JR; 08-21-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes...I enjoy the game as well...Seems like there is the same bunch of people complaining all over this website. They make it seem as if this game is trash.

When was the last time we saw a perfect "Sports" game (Tony Hawk doesn't count)???

I think alot of people expect greatness each and every year from EA and wind up getting disappointed...The game is decent, the best version on Next Gen if you ask me...
Old 08-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 11

Dynasty mode is boring, we have been doing the same thing in dynasty since what 1998?Dynasty needs a major FACE Lift! MAJOR!

but as for gameplay it's the best on nex gen to date.

Last edited by Cdenz; 08-21-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I am enjoying NCAA 10 more than any other NCAA on next gen by far.
Yeah it has a solid enough base. But just is missing the little things that make a game great. EA games in general tend to lack these little things.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 37

Here's the timeline:

FEB.MARCH~ getting very excited with things like end zone art, field goal nets, and progressive lighting... things are looking good. I'm so excited about taking the Madden formation subs and putting then in NCAA. Also I like to hear all the rumbling about FCS and custom playbooks. This could be the best NCAA to date

APRIL/MAY~ Mix and match uniforms, flex-bone offense, all new playbooks, game planning, something called chew the clock. Wait what you're giving me teambuilder... cool! I am so excited about this game... NOW I'm just waiting for formation subs, FCS, and custom playbooks... an announcement anyday now

MAY/JUNE~ okay this bs EA marketing is really starting to tick me off! Tell me what's in this freakin' game! Why do I know more about Madden then NCAA at this point hmmm... still no mention of FCS, formation subs, or custom playbooks. Hey there's a pre-game... just look they are skipping through the bands so as not to give it away. This game will be so awesome!

Late June~ team builder site is cool It's official.... no formation subs, no fcs, no custom playbooks... you suck EA! I am so not buying this game!!!!!!!!! And let's not forget about the broken sliders and the incorrect rosters! Grrrrr.

Demo time~ okay I like the demo. Damm... okay maybe I will buy the game just to see how it is

July~ week one
week two
week three
* glitches, gimmicks, no progression or subs???

Today~ where is the freaking patch? why won't the devs talk to us? Why is madden such a superior game? where is the atmosphere? where is the presentation? Why do I keep buiyng this game?!?

Note to self: stop saying maybe next year... next year never comes...
Old 08-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #31
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Here's the timeline:

FEB.MARCH~ getting very excited with things like end zone art, field goal nets, and progressive lighting... things are looking good. I'm so excited about taking the Madden formation subs and putting then in NCAA. Also I like to hear all the rumbling about FCS and custom playbooks. This could be the best NCAA to date

APRIL/MAY~ Mix and match uniforms, flex-bone offense, all new playbooks, game planning, something called chew the clock. Wait what you're giving me teambuilder... cool! I am so excited about this game... NOW I'm just waiting for formation subs, FCS, and custom playbooks... an announcement anyday now

MAY/JUNE~ okay this bs EA marketing is really starting to tick me off! Tell me what's in this freakin' game! Why do I know more about Madden then NCAA at this point hmmm... still no mention of FCS, formation subs, or custom playbooks. Hey there's a pre-game... just look they are skipping through the bands so as not to give it away. This game will be so awesome!

Late June~ team builder site is cool It's official.... no formation subs, no fcs, no custom playbooks... you suck EA! I am so not buying this game!!!!!!!!! And let's not forget about the broken sliders and the incorrect rosters! Grrrrr.

Demo time~ okay I like the demo. Damm... okay maybe I will buy the game just to see how it is

July~ week one
week two
week three
* glitches, gimmicks, no progression or subs???

Today~ where is the freaking patch? why won't the devs talk to us? Why is madden such a superior game? where is the atmosphere? where is the presentation? Why do I keep buiyng this game?!?

Note to self: stop saying maybe next year... next year never comes...
Best post ever. Good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 31

Played a few games tonight. Still upset about the fact that I have to play 7 minute quarters instead of full 15 minutes with an accelerated clock.

Today I just got really upset that I cannot change individual sliders. The CPU running game is overpowered because if you put up CPU/USER Running they are too much faster than the rest of the players on the field. Yet I love that they are breaking more tackles and play more shifty. So today I lament the poor, awful, inadequate sliders that we have had since 2004?

Biggest question is why can't they make this game customizable for us USERS. Instead of tuning it themselves give us the ability to tune the game to our desire....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »