Home

When can we learn to appreciate a game?

This is a discussion on When can we learn to appreciate a game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #25
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: When can we learn to appreciate a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
The devil is a lie. This is in no way the best NCAA ever. Other than graphics, name me one thing this game has over it's PS2 predecessors..... I'll wait....
Online Dynasty and Team Builder
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
yes we all know this game was very average at best. but it's the best next gen NCAA(still far behind 06)
EA uses the exclusive license as the reason for mediocrity. They know people will keep buying it, because it's the only NCAA football game out there. They don't have any reason to make the game better, because there's no other college football game out there and they don't have to worry about what other companies are doing.
I think until there is competition with NCAA football, we will have an average game. If/when another company is allowed to make a college football game, EA would likely step up their game and actually make it good.

As for me, I've learned to deal with the mediocrity because I am a hardcore college football fan and this game at least gives me that football fix I'm looking for in a video game.
ndhusker, I think most of us are like you on that last point. We play the game for the college football fix. However, I will say that the fix sure doesn't last as long as it used to. The lasting power on next gen is pretty inferior to last gen titles.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #27
Rookie

GoDevils95's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkmike
There is nothing wrong with working at Taco Bell, and there is nothing wrong with living in a trailer park. And if you goto a school that hasn't succumbed to grade inflation, then there is nothing wrong with getting a C if you are doing the best that you can do. The majority of people will always be average; it's in the definition. If you look down on these people, then you are either an elitist, a moron, or both. In case it's not obvious to you, being an elitist and a moron is a really bad combination.
Very well written/said.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #28
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
ndhusker, I think most of us are like you on that last point. We play the game for the college football fix. However, I will say that the fix sure doesn't last as long as it used to. The lasting power on next gen is pretty inferior to last gen titles.
Good to see someone agrees with me
the lasting power hasn't been as long as it used to be, that's for sure.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyC5252
Overall the game is great. Its the best NCAA yet.
I'm sure you meant to say "in my opinion" and it just slipped your mind as you were typing.

Because, I disagree.

Quote:
Its not the end of the world. Arent there bigger things in life to worry about?
Certainly, but it's a lighthearted issue that doesn't really impact my life in any seriously detrimental way (although it may hurt the supply of PS3 controllers and shattered objects).

Besides, isn't there bigger things to worry about than what I worry about?

Quote:
We spend all this time whining about what can be fixed, instead of just enjoying the game.
Worrying, no. Explaining in a desperate hope that EA hears our plea, yes.

Quote:
Here is an easy solution to all your problems, if you dont like the game, do not play it. If you like it, play it.
I've got an easy solution for you - if you don't like people posting their thoughts and opinions on the way to enhance the game -- then don't read or post those messages. If you like it -- then feel free to. I'm going to go ahead and post/read to my heart's content, either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyC5252
Not surprised by the response of you guys.
I'm sure this post was meant as a way of showing how above the rabble you are with your haughty opinion of "just enjoy the game", but really you just insulted half of the people on OS and further pretty much played parent to everyone.

You really SHOULD NOT be surprised by the outcome.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #30
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

The game while good is broken. I only play dynasty, I could care less about Teambuilder, Mini Games, Season Showdown, Road to Glory or anything online. Fact is Dynasty is broken due to 15 scollys instead of 25. They may or may not fix that, who knows. The roster thing makes zero sense. What makes America great is that we love to give second chances. Russ stepped up took it on the chin and said a mistake was made and were gonna makeup for it. Fine, I think most are cool with that. They release a update that is completely half ***. If your gonna do that then dont do it at all. When you think about it, it's the easiest aspect of the game to fix. It doesnt require a patch in anyway. If they really wanted too, they could release another one at the start of the season and I think that it would satisfy a large amount of the complainers. I doubt that gonna happpen though.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 6

I picked my roster project back up in attempt to fix whats wrong with the roster/progression aspect, I am only about half way through, but I am getting there. I hope it just stops some of the complaining, becuase this game is actually a good one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 31

I appreciate the gameplay. I don't appreciate left out features that would make this game worth playing like custom playbooks, play editor, formation subs and a multitude of other coaching and presentation options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »