Home

Sacks

This is a discussion on Sacks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
Rookie

kevinmerida's Arena

OVR: 4
Sacks

I seem to be getting ridiculous number of sacks, my first season I had 34, second season I brought in a better DE and got 41, third season sophomore DE got 74 sacks! Im playing on All-american with default sliders, and this season I already have like 50 and im only 8-0. Anyone else having this kind of success? am i a beast lol or is the game easy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Sacks

Definitely try adjusting your sliders man. I dont get a lot of sacks, but I also dont blitz very much and I control my Safety 90% of the time. Sliders can have a HUGE impact on the amount of sacks you get. Make their pass blocking a little higher and your pass rush a little lower... that is unless you want to keep getting some beastly numbers, haha.
Pretty impressed though even with default settings I suppose.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

I have gotten like, 35 in 12 games, so maybe the sliders could be tweaked. BTW, which sliders do you use?
Old 08-21-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
six
Banned

OVR: 6

OP, I feel ya. I'm in my 7th year of my Kentucky dynasty...I'm now a powerhouse program and the first 5 seasons I only got like 20-25 sacks a year at the most but now that I have studs at every position on defense I've been blitzing my safety and changing things up more. In year 6, I had 61 sacks in 14 games, and already have 65 in 9 games in my 7th year...ugh, I play on All American with default sliders.

I played pathetic Miss St and I had 17 sacks in that one game...so that is the main reason its so horribly inflated but still, 48 in 8 games is still 6 a game...I am just not going to blitz hardly anymore the rest of the season and see if that helps.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:41 AM   #5
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl221
I have gotten like, 35 in 12 games, so maybe the sliders could be tweaked. BTW, which sliders do you use?
I mainly use SNs AA sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html
I think the only thing on his sliders that I changed was lowering the cpu RB ability a little bit (so the cpu running back doesnt always run in a zig zag).

Im also in FinsFan46's dynasty and use his sliders too http://www.operationsports.com/forum...scussions.html

Both slider sets are very very fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I know this probably won't happen but I do think that they should probably have a separate slider for user pass rush. One of the complaints is how poor the pass rushing is for your cpu DL teammates and why it can cause someone to have to blitz to generate pressure. But if you boost the human pass rush, it can make it too easy for the user to generate a rush with a DL. If they had a separate slider where you could make pass rushing really hard for you if you are a DL manually rushing the passer but still keep your cpu DL teammates from being horrible at it, it could really add a lot of to the customization of the game. I'm going to add this to the wishlist thread.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Too many sacks? Are you guys kidding?

I had no trouble racking up sacks in Varsity, but when I moved up to All-American Robo QB reared his ugly head.

No matter which slider set I use, Robo QB senses my presence and gets rid of the ball the instant my DL breaks free.

I use the rover in the 4-2-5 and I make pre-snap adjustments, mix up my coverages, etc.

I'm lucky if I get one sack a game -- and that usually comes on screen passes.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
Rookie

kevinmerida's Arena

OVR: 4

I wasnt talking team sacks im talking just with my DE he has UK's and the career sack record at 170 with 4 games to play in his 3rd year. I rarely blitz maybe 5 times a game I mainly play base man coverage out of nickle strong and use the aggressive setting on jump snap. The most he ever had in one game is 10, but i have done 7-9 quite a few times, against spread offenses who arent good like miss st and auburn I do work usually 6-7 in the first half then they adjust by blocking with Te and backs more

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »