Home

I just bought Madden today and...

This is a discussion on I just bought Madden today and... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #17
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: I just bought Madden today and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
if you like quarterbacks that lob balls 10 yards in the air and 1 yard in front of the line of scrimmage EVERY TiME they get hit, yeah ncaa is better.

if you like a game where ANY AND EVERY ROUTE run gets run better on the defensive side than the offensive side, yeah ncaa is the ish.

if you love being inches from the ground and then popping back up for a broken tackle then ncaa is game of the year.

if you feel like a challenge is having the cpu force your players to fumble multiple times with multiple players consistently throughout the season, ncaa is GGGGRRRRRREEEAAAATTTT!!!!

if you like the cpu offensive line picking up ALL legit blitzes while your line can barely handle 4 defensive linemen, yeah ncaa is much better.
speaking of blocking why is it that the ALL of cpu backs are going at it with linebackers and d-linemen. it doesn't matter what back's tendency is either. joe mcknight is a good runners but he isn't blocking any college linebackers the way he does in the game. on top of that, if by some reason you get within the cpu's personal bubble, with is maybe 3 yards, he throws a rocket off his back foot to a receiver and since you get caught in a blitz, you get burned.

madden does suffer from problems but when you compare the 2 this year, how can you not pick madden? ncaa was better than madden last year in my opinion but its all good because next year ncaa with have a lot of the same gameplay elements...
NCAA 11 is going to be Madden 10.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 08-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #18
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
You sure? He said "Madden is" and "NCAA is". If it was a simile, he would have said "Madden is like" and "NCAA is like".

Well... that's what I remember from high school.
I never ever thought I would be on any sort of forum arguing what a simile or metaphor is, but your actually right.
Looked it up and it is using "like" or "as" and he did only say "is" which would make it a metaphor.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #19
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMedia4SC
I never ever thought I would be on any sort of forum arguing what a simile or metaphor is, but your actually right.
Looked it up and it is using "like" or "as" and he did only say "is" which would make it a metaphor.
Actually, I think I learned the difference between a metaphor and a simile from watching Fletch Lives.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:44 AM   #20
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

I will have english grammer for 600$

A word that spells the same backwards as forwards? Such as did, No cheating.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #21
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
I will have english grammer for 600$

A word that spells the same backwards as forwards? Such as did, No cheating.
The word you are looking for is palindrome. I am an English major.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 03:48 AM   #22
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

I love both games as most of you know, and I have both. Do this every year. For me if I could only keep one I would have to say NCAA 10. Now this is my opinion and I don't want to upset people with what I am saying but I feel that NCAA has the edge. Presentation, chain gangs, refs ,etc... is not that big deal to me. I like the gameplay slightly better with NCAA 10, and I have had quite a bit of success with the linked plays. I am a high school fb coach in real life, and I have coached on the college level as well. I got into the football gaming world because my players over the years kept saying how much I would love these games as far as stratefy is concerned. They were right, I am now hooked! lol. We have a group of coaches that actually form leagues in our area in the off season. So its been kind of cool from that standpoint. We all pretty much agree that for us that NCAA gives us the edge we are looking for strategy wise. Now I am not saying that MADDEN does not, I am saying that NCAA is better from a strategy stand point with its features. Again, I love both, but it is damn hard to put NCAA 10 down! I am finding myself staying up later and later and with practice the next day and meetings, I need my rest lol!

NCAA 10 gets the edge here, just a damn good football game with the proper strategy I am looking for.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:07 AM   #23
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
The word you are looking for is palindrome. I am an English major.
wow thats way over my head.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:10 AM   #24
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
I love both games as most of you know, and I have both. Do this every year. For me if I could only keep one I would have to say NCAA 10. Now this is my opinion and I don't want to upset people with what I am saying but I feel that NCAA has the edge. Presentation, chain gangs, refs ,etc... is not that big deal to me. I like the gameplay slightly better with NCAA 10, and I have had quite a bit of success with the linked plays. I am a high school fb coach in real life, and I have coached on the college level as well. I got into the football gaming world because my players over the years kept saying how much I would love these games as far as stratefy is concerned. They were right, I am now hooked! lol. We have a group of coaches that actually form leagues in our area in the off season. So its been kind of cool from that standpoint. We all pretty much agree that for us that NCAA gives us the edge we are looking for strategy wise. Now I am not saying that MADDEN does not, I am saying that NCAA is better from a strategy stand point with its features. Again, I love both, but it is damn hard to put NCAA 10 down! I am finding myself staying up later and later and with practice the next day and meetings, I need my rest lol!

NCAA 10 gets the edge here, just a damn good football game with the proper strategy I am looking for.

Im with you. Got to get up in the morning, but this game keeps me up to much!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »