Home

I just bought Madden today and...

This is a discussion on I just bought Madden today and... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 03:23 AM   #1
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10
I just bought Madden today and...

After 2 hours of playing it I had to stand up, get a glass of water, get some chips in salsa, and pop NCAA 10 back in just to wake me up.
I literally was Yawning and falling asleep after playing that game for less than 2 hours!
Im going to keep giving it a chance for a week or so, but if nothing changes Im definitely returning it. The gameplay is awful, slow (I know can be changed), and extremely boring in my mind. The camera is also pitiful.
The presentation is okay I guess. Adds some realism to it and I dont really mind it, but seems rather pointless to me if the gameplay is as boring as it is.

Also they pretty much took out all of the GM style features. I bought this game mainly to try to take a team and make some money with them. I wanted to control ticket sales, market the team, track my attendance, see how good my fan base is doing, try to get people to come to games, ect. But nope, no longer in the game (I havent had madden since the first next gen game). Sure you can get stadium upgrades, but who knows what that does besides cost money. Unless me and a couple other people are missing something HUGE then im pretty sure its all been taken out. For what reason, I will never know.
Also, I had to turn off the menu music. I never thought I would prefer hearing the same fight songs over a soundtrack, but I was literally getting a headache. Thats more personal preference though then anything and cant judge a game because of that.

/rant

My point. If you like NCAA, dont even waste your money on renting or buying Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: I just bought Madden today and...

Madden does lack some excitement, but I stop playing NCAA weeks ago. I'm a bigger College fan than Pro, so down the line when college starts up, I'll probably jump back to NCAA

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 08-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

if you like quarterbacks that lob balls 10 yards in the air and 1 yard in front of the line of scrimmage EVERY TiME they get hit, yeah ncaa is better.

if you like a game where ANY AND EVERY ROUTE run gets run better on the defensive side than the offensive side, yeah ncaa is the ish.

if you love being inches from the ground and then popping back up for a broken tackle then ncaa is game of the year.

if you feel like a challenge is having the cpu force your players to fumble multiple times with multiple players consistently throughout the season, ncaa is GGGGRRRRRREEEAAAATTTT!!!!

if you like the cpu offensive line picking up ALL legit blitzes while your line can barely handle 4 defensive linemen, yeah ncaa is much better.
speaking of blocking why is it that the ALL of cpu backs are going at it with linebackers and d-linemen. it doesn't matter what back's tendency is either. joe mcknight is a good runners but he isn't blocking any college linebackers the way he does in the game. on top of that, if by some reason you get within the cpu's personal bubble, with is maybe 3 yards, he throws a rocket off his back foot to a receiver and since you get caught in a blitz, you get burned.

madden does suffer from problems but when you compare the 2 this year, how can you not pick madden? ncaa was better than madden last year in my opinion but its all good because next year ncaa with have a lot of the same gameplay elements...
Old 08-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Both games appear to have issues. Madden, as the op said, to me is a little boring, but very, very pretty to look at (player graphics, good game speed, camera).

NCAA is much more exciting with stadium sounds and the crowd noise. Graphics are good but not as good as madden, imo. More teams, more variety. If they would improve on the game speed, camera angles, playbook choices, and presentation it would be extremely solid imo.

I havent played madden enough to really judge it, but i cant see playing it nearly as long as i play ncaa.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I was exactly like you OP, bought Madden, rushed home and played for hours and I was bored and I thought NCAA was better. But after adjusting a few things to my liking, I thought NCAA sucks compared to Madden. Even tho I love college football more than the NFL, I'd rather play Madden.

I'm just waiting for Patch #2 and for the college football season to start so maybe I could get back into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Normally I just love NCAA, especially being a college football fan over the pros...

but this is the first year since i can remember both games having their advantadges, and of course their disadvantadges...im playing Madden currently, but i think thats cuz of preseason and games being broadcast and stuff, once the college football season starts im sure ill get back on an NCAA kick...

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I said this in another thread, but I made an analogy that Madden is that banging blond that makes that a great first impression and shows up in a sexy outfit on your first date, but by the end of the date you cant wait to get rid of her, she tells the same stories over and over, her voice is annoying, and frankly despite being hot with all glitz and glam of make up and sexy clothes, she is just boring.

NCAA is that girl who maybe didnt make the best first impression, and certainly she has her flaws, but by the end of the first date she proves to be interesting and you cant wait to take her out again and find out more about her.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #8
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseChiarlo
I said this in another thread, but I made an analogy that Madden is that banging blond that makes that a great first impression and shows up in a sexy outfit on your first date, but by the end of the date you cant wait to get rid of her, she tells the same stories over and over, her voice is annoying, and frankly despite being hot with all glitz and glam of make up and sexy clothes, she is just boring.

NCAA is that girl who maybe didnt make the best first impression, and certainly she has her flaws, but by the end of the first date she proves to be interesting and you cant wait to take her out again and find out more about her.
I like this theroy.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »