Home

Is NCAA 10 Really Broken?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 10 Really Broken? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Is NCAA 10 Really Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
PackAttack says it perfect.

I have both games and I like NCAA better because I like college football better. Is Madden the better game? Yes.

NCAA is far from broken though.

There are bugs in both games which are annoying.
I wouldn't say its far from broken. I wouldn't say its far from being fixable either. But as it stands, I am a huge college fan and if the patch doesn't deliver, I don't see myself ever playing this game offline again. And online, I think we've had to sim 4 weeks in 1 year and 2 weeks of dynasty because of issues. And as a result, lose stats, recruiting, etc.

At this point to me, the game brings more anguish than enjoyment.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 28

I think NCAA plays well. If you are a dynasty junkie (play multiple years with same team), there may be issues. In terms of the actual game and how it plays, I love it.

I think more of people's gripes come from the game not being much different than NCAA 09. It's not a bad thing. The visuals received an upgrade as the fields and uniforms are cleaner and has nice new features such as the ability to select uniform parts independently. But, to get to the meat and potatoes, the game plays like NCAA 09.

I am enjoying both titles.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack
Just consider this, If you like NCAA Football: Buy NCAA 10
If you like NFL Football: Buy Madden 10
I'm a little concerned about this as it seems to be true. From everything I have read, both games have some issues. I honestly think the people that love Madden a lot more than NCAA are those that either prefer the NFL and/or really love the slow game speed.

My Madden 10 copy should be shipped to me finally this week and I do prefer college football. Plus I do enjoy commentary in video games and I've read Hammond is awful. Hopefully I will be able to get my retail copy soon and see for myself and I will be playing on Fast (maybe Normal but definitely not slow). If I find myself going back to NCAA all the time I will just trade Madden in. Got a great deal through SI so that won't bother me and I can use the credit towards another game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 37

If you want presentation and atmosphere... go Madden 10
If you want more realistic gameplay go NCAA 10.

Disclaimer: NCAA 10 has such potential but progression, lack of auto-subs, and no formation subs are game killers for me... so this is the first year I have ever said that the egde goes to Madden
Old 08-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
If you want presentation and atmosphere... go Madden 10
Do you include the commentary team in the presentation rankings? That is a big component imo.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Do you include the commentary team in the presentation rankings? That is a big component imo.
You know what... I don't have a real problem with the commentary. I think Collinsworth is great and Hammond... I can live with him. Yes, some of the comments are bad but that is EA's fault in how they slice commentary together. After the "RADIO GUY" there is no way commentary could ever be worse!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

If you really have to choose between Madden and NCAA, it's Madden hands down without a doubt.

I am personally finding it completely impossible to find a balanced set of sliders for NCAA that plays realistically. The pass rush is completely broken on both sides....sometimes offensive tackles just turn their backs to the DE and let them run right past (for CPU defense). For the CPU offense they seem to have that 'throw the ball right before the sack' AI, which causes a good bit of 'robo qb' complaints. I havent tested the CPU offense as much on the pass rush side as I have the human offense. On top of this I am extremely ticked off with the way the patch process has been handled.

Madden has more options, more people tinkering with those options, better graphics, better out-of-the-box gameplay, and IMO a better all-around football experience. If you have to pick, pick Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 9

I look at it this way, I won both games in fantasy football from last year and I was given the games the days that they came out.

I play the games to break up my work life and to just immerse myself in fun. I don't want to think. i just want to play football and have fun.

For what they are, I like them both. They are video games. Not real life sporting events.

Do I wish some things were different with the games to make them even better, yes. But does it really matter, NO.

Year after year I read comments by people who feel that they should have real players jump into their TV screen and control them like a marionette puppet. It's a video game.

Some people think that it's so easy to program things to do this and that, but it's not. I am not an EA fan boy as I have had more 2k games so that's not why I say what I do about the games.

I just want to come home from work, pop in the game and play a football video game. I will watch real football soon enough..

Peace,
Boss

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »