Home

Is NCAA 10 Really Broken?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 10 Really Broken? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Is NCAA 10 Really Broken?

It's not broken. There are gimmicky things, that attempt to mask issues- Like the god damn jump the snap, for example...and the game plan settings.

You are all but forced to hold your nose and accept them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I agree with you and think that sports games should come out every 2 years with a roster update and small dlc pack every other year.

However, I have never seen a gaming company intentioanlly leave out features that were applauded on previous versions and intentionally break things that used to work like EA does.

Imagine if Modern Warfare 2 comes out with less weapons, less maps, and you can no longer fight hand to hand and the rank system is fouled up. What would happen?
Just like the previous poster said...I believe that it boils down to Leadership/Corporate Culture...Unfortunately, with these big corporations it boils down to the decisions made at the top. I'm sure the folks who have traditional corporate jobs in here will agree with me.

Leadership/Corporate Culture is basically the difference between 2K and EA Sports, for better or for worse, or for any companies that are competing in the market. The same can be said for Google vs. Microsoft vs. Apple, etc., etc.

That's why I don't get why people get soooooo pissed...I can understand the frustration, but honestly, has EA ever released a "cult" classic (a la 2k5) let alone a perfect game? Don't get your hopes up and appreciate the game for what is worth. For me 2010 is the best NCAA on next gen since last gen NCAA
Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #43
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I agree with you and think that sports games should come out every 2 years with a roster update and small dlc pack every other year.

However, I have never seen a gaming company intentioanlly leave out features that were applauded on previous versions and intentionally break things that used to work like EA does.

Imagine if Modern Warfare 2 comes out with less weapons, less maps, and you can no longer fight hand to hand and the rank system is fouled up. What would happen?
Good points.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

both games suck
Old 08-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 8

The game isn't broken, but in the essence of this being a simulation game there are many things that are broken. NCAA is just an arcade game that has nothing to do with simulating what is on the field on Saturdays. I am still not even sure if I am playing football or field hockey.

Progression = Broken
Player Ratings = Broken
Committing = Broken
Defense = Broken
Blocking = Broken
Sliders = Still Broken
Flexbone Offense = Broken
Spread Option Offense = Broken
Stats = Broken
In-Game Commentary = Broken
Game Planning = Broken
Camera = Broken
Playbooks = Stale and Unoriginal
Commentary = Stale and Unoriginal

These things are just off the top of my head. I can go into detail and name more things wrong with this game and even add more to what is up there. I might as well as save my breath because EA nor the NCAA development team really give a crap. Or maybe they do and just aren't smart enough to program a better football game. The only thing that will make NCAA and Madden better are new engines with an entirely new staff working on both projects.

So how do all of these broken components of the game equal a non-broken game? I don't know, but I am sure Stewaat will enlighten us.

Last edited by hcopenhagenh; 08-25-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Frazier
both games suck
They don't suck but there is A LOT of room for IMPROVEMENT!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:46 PM   #47
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

I admit that into my dynasty I have not seen the crazy progression. That leads to another problem.. What if the prestige system is broken? I play a Navy Dynasty and I have not had these inflated progression numbers. We are only a C+ team with a few good players. The good teams are good but not all of them have good records. This leads to teams regressing itself since losing seasons lower prestige.

So what if you are playing a 6 * team?? Is that when you get progression numbers in the 10's? That still smells like broken, just in a different way.

EA should be ashamed. It is not about complaining about trivial stuff like uniform errors and bowl patches.. It is complaining about something that was NEVER BROKEN! Dynasty mode has worked fine for the most part, why even touch it with major overhauls?? This dev team does not get it at all.. I am convinced they know nothing of football at all.. If they say they do, they are obviously lying to you..

We haven't even gotten into a pass rush that still sucks because of poor DL/OL interaction. My God, at least you can get sacks in Madden. Both games need help in pass protection and consistency.. Just sad, the series I have supported for so long is just in shambles.

When do the exclusivity contracts run out again? Seriously, I want to know this so I can plan when to buy these games again because until there is competition, these games will continue to be a disappointment. There is NO excuse for last-gen games to be better than current-gen..

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #48
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
When do the exclusivity contracts run out again? Seriously, I want to know this so I can plan when to buy these games again because until there is competition, these games will continue to be a disappointment. There is NO excuse for last-gen games to be better than current-gen..
please tell me the other great NCAA game that was being made before EA had an exclusivity contract.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »