Home

NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #73
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesCavs
You do know that Adam is the ART guy, right? He has no control over what is patched, when information is released, or anything like that. Questioning the character of the only guy on the dev team that truly interacts with us is absurd and uncalled for.
True, unless you have a problem with the art, you shouldn't direct any hate toward Adam. That said, he is the representative for the rest of the dev team on this forum.

You know, I don't have as much of a problem with them not fixing things as I do with them not explaining why. That is what burns me. They come on these forums almost every day, but they seem to always disappear after the game or a patch is released. If they are truly serious about developing a relationship between the community and the devs, then THOSE are the times when they should come on and explain why certain decisions were made. I am not saying they should come on and listen to 300 people posting how they should be fired, but they should at lease post an explaination with the patch notes.

My guess is you won't hear from the devs until they come around pimping NCAA 11. This is the same thing that happened last year.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 5

guys i just dont have the time to read all of these Patch 2 details post. Can someone simply tell me if any of these issues were addressed in the 2nd patch:

-Broadcast CAM added

-Realistically delay the CPU quick snap to allow human players time to make defensive presnap adjustments at the Line of Scrimmage

-Tweak the Progression issue to allow more variety in talent and lack of

-Tweak the current CAM to address high degree of over the shoulder CAM Wobble/ or add the 2008 CAM as a selectable Option in the settings screen

Any luck?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
guys i just dont have the time to read all of these Patch 2 details post. Can someone simply tell me if any of these issues were addressed in the 2nd patch:

-Broadcast CAM added

-Realistically delay the CPU quick snap to allow human players time to make defensive presnap adjustments at the Line of Scrimmage

-Tweak the Progression issue to allow more variety in talent and lack of

-Tweak the current CAM to address high degree of over the shoulder CAM Wobble/ or add the 2008 CAM as a selectable Option in the settings screen

Any luck?

NO, NO, NO, and NO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #76
Rookie

I thought it was pretty obvious from the start that the new cam was something people would have to get used to and that it wouldn't be patched.

I hated it like many do at the start, but have since learn to come accustomed to it.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 32

I had the feeling that the game was too broken to be patched.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #78
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Posted this in another thread, figured I'd slap it in here also

I appreciate the effort of the NCAA team and Adam for comign here, answering our questions and putting up with us. I'm glad some of the issues are being patched, but am curious as to why others aren't.

That's the glaring issue. This year, the progression and fatigue issues seem to be the big "HOLY CRAP" issues that are plaguing the game. Last year it was the lack of a pass rush or defense. Both NCAA 09 and NCAA 10 have vocal and avid fan bases. We, myself included have posted on these issues (progression, fatigue in 10, defense/pass rush in 10) and those issues were not addressed.

While I'd like them to be fixed, I'm more curious as to why no reason is/was given to those issues. Was it too hard to patch? Is it not seen as an issue? Are we just being ignored? It's their title, and they (EA) can do what they want with it. I'm just curious after all this "community interaction" (which has been nice and proven helpful in areas), why are the vocal majority, and the "big" issues just brushed aside?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #79
Rookie

CR Shepard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesCavs
You do know that Adam is the ART guy, right? He has no control over what is patched, when information is released, or anything like that. Questioning the character of the only guy on the dev team that truly interacts with us is absurd and uncalled for.
Just questioning the character of a company more than happy to communicate with their consumers when stirring up excitement for an upcoming game, and disapearing when the snake oil they are selling has issues that need addressing. Adam has been tasked to be their point man, unfortunately much critizism for a defective product will be directed through him. Absurd and uncalled for is marketing a product with features their consumer base are excited to implement and enjoy, only to find the product does not come close to delivering. If the developers don't like to be called out on faulty products then maybe it's time to find a new line of work.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #80
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Shepard
Just questioning the character of a company more than happy to communicate with their consumers when stirring up excitement for an upcoming game, and disapearing when the snake oil they are selling has issues that need addressing. Adam has been tasked to be their point man, unfortunately much critizism for a defective product will be directed through him. Absurd and uncalled for is marketing a product with features their consumer base are excited to implement and enjoy, only to find the product does not come close to delivering. If the developers don't like to be called out on faulty products then maybe it's time to find a new line of work.
You are entitled your opinions and I respect them. I also recognize your frustration because much of your criticism is legitimate. However, questioning the character of Adam is something that I just don't agree with. As I said, it wasn't his decision on what to patch and what not to patch, so he probably can't come on right away and inform everyone why certain things were done and certain things weren't. He probably doesn't know why, himself. Even if he does, why should come on here and tell us when he's just going to get blasted by everyone? I'm confident we'll eventually get an answer as to why certain things weren't addressed in the patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »