Home

NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #65
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre)

To the best of my knowledge this board pulled all its info from Pasta Padre's site, EA has not provided the courtesy of posting any list here or responding to any complaints about the patch.

Not that I can't understand why they wouldn't want to step into the fire, but at least some explanation as to why the two major issues expounded upon here were ignored in the patch would be nice.

Before they all disappear from here, until a new development cycle starts again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #66
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The bottom line is if 90-95% of us did this on our jobs we would be fired. They continue to stain EA as a company and NCAA as a product. I have no faith in them as a Dev. Team none whats so ever. I will not purchase another NCAA game until they can convince me that they are committed to Sim stlye of play and show the have a legit plan to get there. The first step in this IMO will be to replace the lead dev. .
thats the truth, this is the first year i have been really upset with NCAA team. they made some very good gameplay improvements then turn around and destroy them with overdone aggressive gameplans and run commits. truth is those issues dont bother me the most. its the stupid crap that is in the game every single year that they refuse to fix. ill make a list although not in any particular order, just what comes to my head.

• psychic defense and robo qb. amazing how the defense calls the ideal play majority of the time, lets say i come out in a 4 WR running play. its amazing how they will show up in their base 4-3 or 3-4 defense, you audible and then they audible too, it just gets old every single year. i wont explain robo qb since everyone knows what that is.
  • absolutely poor blocking ai makes it into this years game yet again this year, although imo its at an all time worst when the tackle does not engage DE properly leading to sacks, as well as slide protecting absolutely broken this year. OL still does not know how to pass off blocks or use any kind of zone blocking scheme vs stunts and blitzes, instead they pick one man to block and only block him. pulling linemen and leadblocking FB's still have no clue who to block when they hit the line of scrimmage.
  • broken hook zones are in this year yet again. for anyone not familiar, when the ball is placed on the hash, your hook zones are broken. its as if the zone is not programmed in relation to the ball on the field but instead based on the middle of the field resulting in an absurdly wide seam to throw the ball. this poor programming is why you see no adjustments made when the qb rolls out, the zone is supposed to shift to adjust to this.
  • sprinting causing OL to stop blocking. i dont know the logic behind this one, i dont know maybe my eyes deceive me, but i swear watching football replays the other day that IRL running backs do in fact hit the hole at full speed, and by running in the hole at fullspeed the dline does not magically come off their blocks. shocking i know.
  • defense overall speed in relation to the offense. its amazing when the defense is in a zone and you run the ball, the safety with amazing speed flies up to the line of scrimmage to stop the run for minimal gains. IRL this only happens when the safety is in the box and not accounted for, otherwise with good blocks this is infact a good or big running gain every single time. these strange speed differences are much more noticable this year because they actually fixed (mostly) pursuit angles.
i can keep going on, but lunch time is over and i need to get back on the road and keep working.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 08-25-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #67
Rookie

CR Shepard's Arena

OVR: 2

Adam and the rest of the developement team at EA you have dropped the ball. If the product I am responsible for was delivered to a customer in a state similar to what you guys handed us i would be fired. At the very, very least someone should have the sac to get on these threads and explain the thought process in denying your loyal base answers to how you could ignore the 2 major flaws and the decision to not address these in this patch.

I read where the 40 dollar return for college football ended yesterday and just by chance the patch was released today, without the fixes this game needs. I put alot of faith in the good of man, but that is way to coincidental for my tastes. If this is true you guys are hypocrits, cowards and thieves. I will never spend any money on any product that has that type of person involved.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #68
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
People play techmo bowl now b/c it was the first of it's kind, ground breaking and nostalgic. People don't play it b/c it's a better game. Much is the same with the ps2 series of NCAA and Madden. Those games were groundbreaking. Dynasty was created, online play created, and many other things that have never been seen before. Like most of you i put hundreds of hours into the ps2 versions of ncaa and probably more than i ever will with a new version. The reason why is b/c they were ground breaking. There will ALWAYS be a soft spot for 03-06 b/c it took things to the next level. But if you go back and play those games now they can't hold ncaa 10's jock. You all think they were better b/c of nostalga, sorry but they're not. Like i said if they decide to dress up ncaa 11 some then fine, so be it. But dont kid yourself, all those cuts scenes from madden and the old ncaa's get skipped over and over and over after the first time you see them. The GAME is what matters, and this is the most fun entertaining ncaa to date. Sorry.
People play TSB because it is more fun. It is a little ridiculous to claim that anyone would consistently play a game that was less entertaining.

As for the PS2/XBOX titles, for years I purchased new titles but ended up going back to 2004. Last year I bought every NCAA from 2004 to 2008 on XBOX. My goal was to find the one I thought really was the best. My hope was that a later version would be my choice because the graphics would naturally be better and there would be more options. In the end, I still chose 2004. I have played about 15-20 seasons in my current dynasty and I can't wait for my next game.

Show me anyone who says that about any next gen version of NCAA, much less 2010.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #69
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

so they didnt fix the same problem they had last year where custom stadium sounds can only be heard when you control the home team? They had the same issue last year and fixed it with a patch and then it was back again this year.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #70
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Has EA released an "official" list of patch #2? I would hate for every one to get riled up over hearsay.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #71
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Shepard
Adam and the rest of the developement team at EA you have dropped the ball. If the product I am responsible for was delivered to a customer in a state similar to what you guys handed us i would be fired. At the very, very least someone should have the sac to get on these threads and explain the thought process in denying your loyal base answers to how you could ignore the 2 major flaws and the decision to not address these in this patch.

I read where the 40 dollar return for college football ended yesterday and just by chance the patch was released today, without the fixes this game needs. I put alot of faith in the good of man, but that is way to coincidental for my tastes. If this is true you guys are hypocrits, cowards and thieves. I will never spend any money on any product that has that type of person involved.
You do know that Adam is the ART guy, right? He has no control over what is patched, when information is released, or anything like that. Questioning the character of the only guy on the dev team that truly interacts with us is absurd and uncalled for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #72
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Has EA released an "official" list of patch #2? I would hate for every one to get riled up over hearsay.

The same list is posted on the EA forums too

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/290164.page

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »