Home

so much for adaptive AI

This is a discussion on so much for adaptive AI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
so much for adaptive AI

I was just playing Wisconsin and winning by 3 with 40 seconds left. They have the ball on their own 20 w/ no TO's. First play screen pass for no gain. They run no huddle fake spike 4 consecutive time completing all f*cking 4 passes before they score on the 6th play all going no huddle. Oh BTW all 4 completions on the fake spike were to the same reciever against my best corner. What a f*ckin joke.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: so much for adaptive AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue10
I was just playing Wisconsin and winning by 3 with 40 seconds left. They have the ball on their own 20 w/ no TO's. First play screen pass for no gain. They run no huddle fake spike 4 consecutive time completing all f*cking 4 passes before they score on the 6th play all going no huddle. Oh BTW all 4 completions on the fake spike were to the same reciever against my best corner. What a f*ckin joke.

I thought adaptive AI was focused more on the computer adapting to what you/we as players do. Wouldn't the computer running the same successful play mean they adapted to you not stopping their no huddle O? They ran the same play because it kept working it seems. I knoiw our comp controlled players should play up to the level of their awareness and ability, but I'm not sure if adaptive AI for user controlled teams works in the same way as it does for computer teams. I could be wrong though. Not the first time.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Rookie

The_Wraith420's Arena

OVR: 5

it was just payback for what Big Blue did to Wisconsin last year
Old 08-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Talking Re: so much for adaptive AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
I thought adaptive AI was focused more on the computer adapting to what you/we as players do. Wouldn't the computer running the same successful play mean they adapted to you not stopping their no huddle O? They ran the same play because it kept working it seems. I knoiw our comp controlled players should play up to the level of their awareness and ability, but I'm not sure if adaptive AI for user controlled teams works in the same way as it does for computer teams. I could be wrong though. Not the first time.
i think your right its used for against human so he didn't stop it so they continue to run it. same as a human would. kinda funny
Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 37

Yeah, adaptive A.I. seems to apply to cpu defense only. Run the same play five times... four times it will be effective and the fifth time the play will be stuffed.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »