Home

Progression Explanation?

This is a discussion on Progression Explanation? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7
Progression Explanation?

Now that we know progression won't be patched how about a change in tactics as flaming away will really do us no good and at this stage is pretty pointless.

How about instead we ask for clarification from Adam or any EA dev to explain why progression is the way it is this year. There has to be a method to their madness. Maybe there is a logical reason for it that if explained better to us may actually make the dynasty experience more enjoyable.

I know I'm pulling at strings here, but it's my last futile attempt to try and save the game for myself and many others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Banned

mvandor's Arena

Re: Progression Explanation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
Now that we know progression won't be patched how about a change in tactics as flaming away will really do us no good and at this stage is pretty pointless.

How about instead we ask for clarification from Adam or any EA dev to explain why progression is the way it is this year. There has to be a method to their madness. Maybe there is a logical reason for it that if explained better to us may actually make the dynasty experience more enjoyable.

I know I'm pulling at strings here, but it's my last futile attempt to try and save the game for myself and many others.

I too would appreciate an explanation and find EA's sudden disappearance from this site after leaking the patch notes through Pasta Padre quite troubling.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005

Why does there have to be a method to their madness? Why does the game ship twice in a row with broken sliders? Why were the default rosters all fouled up? Why doesn't the AI burn the clock when its winning like it used to?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Why does the game ship twice in a row with broken sliders?

You must be 12, it's been like that FOREVER, not just two years.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
You must be 12, it's been like that FOREVER, not just two years.
That means he would've joined OS at age 5, which is pretty impressive.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
That means he would've joined OS at age 5, which is pretty impressive.
My kindergarten came with Laptops.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 37

Ask all you want but the reality is that we will hear nothing. EA does NOT respond to questions or issues they don't view as favourable.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
Banned

mvandor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Ask all you want but the reality is that we will hear nothing. EA does NOT respond to questions or issues they don't view as favourable.

I'm no spring chicken and the following and my life experience tell me EA is in cover up mode on this and I have a theory as to why.

FACT 1: EA never provided the patch list to this board, Adam suddenly disappeared and the list appeared on Pasta Padre's site, and eventually was posted here by members. Still no Adam.

FACT 2: Russ Kinry, the producer of NCAA 10, suddenly appears on the EA boards acting like this is a new issue and talking about kindergarten tests he just ran like EA had no clue.

FACT 3: Last night I posted on that board linking back to here to demonstrate EA KNEW about this nearly 6 weeks ago. That post was removed.

Fact 4: In spite of the proliferation of 90+ players in draft classes generated by NCAA 10, these supermen are very well mitigated by Madden on import, with many actually coming in rated no higher than 50's or 60's and few at 80 or above.

CONCLUSIONS:

1. EA has taken the discussion onto their own boards and centralized their voice into one guy, the producer, to CONTROL the discussion, deleting posts that reflect too negatively on EA.

2. EA KNEW about the problem LONG before we did, or how else could the Madden team have so efficiently accounted for this in their import code, ensuring all the Supermen actually came in like Clark Kents?

3. IF progression was fixed, imported draft classes on average would come in with much lower rated players, how would Maddden handle the new ratings drops? It couldn't, some would be importing high rated pre-patch classes others lower rated post-patch classes.

Practical problem, and why I think it did NOT get patched.

Last edited by mvandor; 08-26-2009 at 11:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »