Home

Is NCAA 10 worth buying?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 10 worth buying? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14
Is NCAA 10 worth buying?

I just got back from Europe, been there for 2 months. I've been looking forward to coming back to watching some college football and playing NCAA 10 but I wanna know if it's worth it.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is NCAA 10 worth buying?

RENT it first.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

I dare say that considering the disappointment felt by many over the non-fix of progression and fatigue, there will be a lot of used copies available.

Personally, I had fairly low expectations going into the release so I've been basically happy with the game. It's not too difficult to get the sliders to a point where you can have very competitive games against the CPU.

It really depends on the type of player you are. On-line, User vs. User, Dynasty, whatever. Me I'm a Dynasty only guy. What I've been doing is just simming the Top 25 each week game by game to make sure realism is maintained. After each simmed game if the result seems about right, then I save. If not reload and re-sim.

There's not much you can do about the progression, but some people aren't seeing it as much as others.

Overall, to me the gameplay is very good and for the other stuff there may be workarounds that make them not so bad. I'd say rent it. If you like it then buy it used.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

If you're an avid college football guy, like me, then yes it is worth it.

If you're looking to the best football game out there, then no it is not.

Chances are, with the special rebate for Madden and the progression issue not being fixed ... you can find a used copy. Grab it.

Overall, it's an okay game ... it's when you peel back the layers that you reveal a steaming turd.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

It really depends what you like and use in the game.

If you primarily play NCAA in single online play now games against buddies or random users, you'll probably like this game a lot. I think the overall flow of the game on the field (while still not great) is a big improvement over last year.

If you are, like me, mostly in it for dynasty, I say skip it. Despite its flaws, I had a lot of fun over hundreds of hours with last year's game. I just can't bring myself to do that this year, even with the improved on-field flow. The new recruiting isn't bad but can still feel more like a chore than something fun that you look forward to, and whether you sign a player still feels too much like a random crap shoot for my taste. The progression is broken (badly) and some of the bugs from last year (like the players returning glitch) have not been fixed. Overall, though, it just feels like exactly the same game I played last year, but with more annoyances (like the progression issue). The slightly improved gameplay isn't a big enough incentive for me to overlook the problems, and the whole thing just feels stale. There's nothing really driving me from WANTING to play my games from week to week; I almost have to force myself to play a game to move forward. It's not really fun, and I've nearly given up on it completely.

But if what you really love to play is Mascot Mash-Up, EA has been kind enough to bring that back for you, so in that case I'd say BUY BUY BUY!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Rookie

kingtut313's Arena

OVR: 1

i got it recently and cant put it down
Old 08-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
stewaat

OVR:

Here's a thread I made asking people whether or not they enjoyed the game. This was pre-patch #2.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...njoy-game.html

Old 08-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
RENT it first.
I agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »