Home

Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

This is a discussion on Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #41
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Appreciated
sadly adam, i do not appreciate the work your team and company has done on this years game nor the previous years. im sure you appreciate my monetary "donation" to your efforts (lack there of). i've never been the type to hold ill will torwards any person or company, but this year broke me. i am seriously disappointed with your quality of work and feel your company should at a minimum apologize to the people who buy your games every year and or reimburse them for their dissatisfaction. as this is a normal procedure for any company that produces a product or service.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

I come to this post to read about strategies, rosters, patch information. This site is very good source of info, there are many knowledgeable people. However, lately a lot of the hate posts or complaining, sure remind me of my ex wife. Always bitching and moaning about every little thing and not noticing anything else. Obviously after listening to the barrage of ranting it started to ruin my calm. I'm not defending the development team, I'm just saying, a lot of the criticism is sounding annoying now. I can't hardly read a single thread without reading about someone carrying on with some fancy analogy.

The game itself isn't as pointless and horrible as some make it sound, but it's far from a masterpiece too. The exclusivity of the NCAA license is killing this game, without competition there is little innovation coming into the new systems. So I do thank EA for a little taste of a gaming, and to them, "Don't forget about your loyal customers and fans that have been around with you since the beginning that wait for the ideal sim experience".
Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #43
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8ive_007
I come to this post to read about strategies, rosters, patch information. This site is very good source of info, there are many knowledgeable people. However, lately a lot of the hate posts or complaining, sure remind me of my ex wife. Always bitching and moaning about every little thing and not noticing anything else. Obviously after listening to the barrage of ranting it started to ruin my calm. I'm not defending the development team, I'm just saying, a lot of the criticism is sounding annoying now. I can't hardly read a single thread without reading about someone carrying on with some fancy analogy.

The game itself isn't as pointless and horrible as some make it sound, but it's far from a masterpiece too. The exclusivity of the NCAA license is killing this game, without competition there is little innovation coming into the new systems. So I do thank EA for a little taste of a gaming, and to them, "Don't forget about your loyal customers and fans that have been around with you since the beginning that wait for the ideal sim experience".
Ok Why do you feel that your level of calm supercede anybody esle's? The way you feel about people complaining is the way some people feel about this game. If you dont find enough fault to complain dont. But dont think that just because it bothers you that its wrong or unwarranted. If you have a purpose for coming here do it ,but dont tell other people how they should feel and how they should express those feelings.

If it bother you that much stop coming here problem solved!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 37

Look, Adam and Greg have been great with their interaction. They do alot for these boards and their feedback is appreciated. That being said, there are a lot of dissgruntled people this year and I understand why people are upset.

Issues:
fatigue
auto-subs
progression
lack of formation subs
gimmicks
pay for use services

These really hurt the game and there is no doubt that last gen is still far superior. That is the major point of frustration. Now, if people love the game, great and if people hate it, fair enough. Let's not resort to name-calling though. At the end of the day we all want the same thing... an excellent college football game
Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #45
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelBuckeye
IT IS A PREVELAGE to have these people give you inside information

If you're gonna scream AND lie, at least learn how to spell.

Its a prevelage for EA to make such a poor quailty game and turn massive profits via people like us in a bad economy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

No offense to anyone...but I'm wondering exactly why its a privledge to have Adam on the boards? I haven't been around here long enough so I don't know if he has given great inside scoops or insight, but in my time on these boards all I ever see is short answers to the most petty of questions such as where is team x's 3rd alternate uniform or "there is a patch but I can't tell you whats on it". I've found that rarely any input from the NCAA dev's was anything really insightful...and to be frank there were numerous complains about sliders, no pass rush, lack of features for the past few years and it seems the game gets progressively worse.

I've never really come here looking for inside info from a NCAA developer, but the reason I come here is because the work the community does such as Legit Reviews, Roster Edits, Slider Settings, and the other various things the board as a community does to fix or get around EA's mistakes to get this game playing as realistically as possible.

This has been the first NCAA game I have returned since I started to play in 2002. The only one that may have been worse than this was I think 2005? Whichever one featured momentum, which was one of the most god awful features ever.

Not trying to stir the pot...I'm just wondering since people claim its a privledge to have dev's on the board to have some evidence to back it up. Such as "Remember when sliders were broken on NCAA 2009? The dev's assured us it would be fixed and it was." Again not trying to piss anyone off, just wondering what inside information and privledges that is given to this board that isn't given to any other EA Website or places such as IGN or GameTrailers.

Last edited by MonteCarloFresh; 08-28-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

I feel that the devs did a very good job in terms of game play this year. I would imagine that if I was really a Dynasty junkie that I'd be disappointed with progression but, if it's equal for everybody it just makes for tougher games which in all actuality we should applaud.

Some people just love to bash. "YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE GAME EXACTLY HOW I WANTED IT!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!!! I WISH I'D NEVER BEEN BORN!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME!!!!!!! (falls out on the floor kicking and screaming with a big snot bubble in his nose). WHINERS.

I know $60 bucks isn't chump change but for my entertainment dollar it's not that bad. I spend that much or more easily on dinner and drinks every weekend and guess what, I wake up hungry and thirsty the next morning. I've gotten several weeks of enjoyment out of this game and I'm cool with that.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloFresh
No offense to anyone...but I'm wondering exactly why its a privledge to have Adam on the boards?
You have a great point, and that's what some people have tried to explain. You compare what Adam and the NCAA dev team did in terms of community interaction with that of the Madden team and it's night and day.

Madden devs were explaining feqatures, how they were going to be used, what other ways could the community think of to improve it, is it too overpowered, etc.

It was that interaction that led me to my purchase of Madden, as I do not care for professional football. I bought it for their process which I believe led to a better game and will lead to an even better game this year.

UNFORTUNATELY, I follow up that great post with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I feel that the devs did a very good job in terms of game play this year.
How so? Compared to what? Is it good "football gameplay" compared to Call of Duty? Yes, it definitely is a better football game than CoD.

As a game trying to emulate the dynamics of a football game, it's quite piss poor. It misses the boat on the most basic of things from blocking assignments to how defense is called.

It's like the movie Transformers. The movie had nothing to do with Transformers other than name and the general concept of transforming robots. They didn't look like each the original, transform like the original or have the same plot. It could have been called Gobots by all rights. NCAA is the same. It's alike in that it has the right position names, but it doesn't look like, function like or play like the real thing. Not even close.

Quote:
I would imagine that if I was really a Dynasty junkie that I'd be disappointed with progression but, if it's equal for everybody it just makes for tougher games which in all actuality we should applaud.
We should appluad tougher games that are artificially tougher due to some logic issue that in turn destroys the concept of top tier schools within 6 years? All of a sudden USC is on par with Vanderbilt? That's not right.

Quote:
Some people just love to bash. "YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE GAME EXACTLY HOW I WANTED IT!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!!! I WISH I'D NEVER BEEN BORN!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME!!!!!!! (falls out on the floor kicking and screaming with a big snot bubble in his nose). WHINERS.
And some people like to overexaggerate what people are doing here with constructive criticism and feedback. But that's okay, who is pointing fingers?

Quote:
I know $60 bucks isn't chump change but for my entertainment dollar it's not that bad. I spend that much or more easily on dinner and drinks every weekend and guess what, I wake up hungry and thirsty the next morning.
Ya, but in your equation I have alternate substitutes for food purchase and where I want to go to have the food delivered. I don't have that option with NCAA football.

Quote:
I've gotten several weeks of enjoyment out of this game and I'm cool with that.
Good for you. Look for your gold star in a wfew weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »