Home

Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

This is a discussion on Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
You have a great point, and that's what some people have tried to explain. You compare what Adam and the NCAA dev team did in terms of community interaction with that of the Madden team and it's night and day.

Madden devs were explaining feqatures, how they were going to be used, what other ways could the community think of to improve it, is it too overpowered, etc.

It was that interaction that led me to my purchase of Madden, as I do not care for professional football. I bought it for their process which I believe led to a better game and will lead to an even better game this year.

UNFORTUNATELY, I follow up that great post with this:

How so? Compared to what? Is it good "football gameplay" compared to Call of Duty? Yes, it definitely is a better football game than CoD.

As a game trying to emulate the dynamics of a football game, it's quite piss poor. It misses the boat on the most basic of things from blocking assignments to how defense is called.

It's like the movie Transformers. The movie had nothing to do with Transformers other than name and the general concept of transforming robots. They didn't look like each the original, transform like the original or have the same plot. It could have been called Gobots by all rights. NCAA is the same. It's alike in that it has the right position names, but it doesn't look like, function like or play like the real thing. Not even close.

We should appluad tougher games that are artificially tougher due to some logic issue that in turn destroys the concept of top tier schools within 6 years? All of a sudden USC is on par with Vanderbilt? That's not right.

And some people like to overexaggerate what people are doing here with constructive criticism and feedback. But that's okay, who is pointing fingers?

Ya, but in your equation I have alternate substitutes for food purchase and where I want to go to have the food delivered. I don't have that option with NCAA football.

Good for you. Look for your gold star in a wfew weeks.
Huh?
Old 08-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12

Bama you act as if someone is holding a gun to your head and making you give them $60. Sure there's an alternative, don't buy it.

And when it comes to how I spend my entertainment dollar, it's all relative. Some people spend $40 a week on Starbucks. Some spend $100 a week on lunches. Some people buy $200 sneakers. Spending $60 each year on a game which most people get trade-in value for isn't a bad trade off for me. It keeps me occupied. I have some fun. I go on with my life.

I'm not a whiner or complainer by nature and these boards are full of them. In my opinion the positives in this game out weigh the negatives. Maybe it's different for you. Cool.

If you save .17 cents a day you can come up with $60 in a year. .18 cents and you got the tax covered.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Folks, pay to play services aren't going anywhere unfortunately. Look around, DLC is here to stay. Anything for an extra buck or ten.

In some instances it can be OK, but most of the time it's just a company getting over.

NCAA, Madden, TigerWoods all have DLC items.

Last edited by dan04103; 08-29-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »