Home

5 Things that will make NCAA 11 game of the year!

This is a discussion on 5 Things that will make NCAA 11 game of the year! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 5 Things that will make NCAA 11 game of the year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
+1 Just can't understand this gameplay only thing. Most of these other features tie directly into game play. I guess EA has a team of 4-5 guys and girls working on these games.
Because when EA says they'll improve what they think is presentation, they completely ignore gameplay. So people now think if we pitch gameplay only, they'll throw us a bone. You have to remember this is a very un-motivated company, there is no reason for them to go "above and beyond."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #66
Rookie

Macc24JR's Arena

OVR: 5

I haven't read many of the replies but it looks like you guys have really hit the nail on the head for what's needed in this game. My 2 cents...

- Better presentation. They really impressed me when first buying the game with the RTG mode - the highlights and ESPN looking style screens show they HAVE the technology. I've seen NCAA Basketball and it's without a doubt on an entire different level in terms of presentation. This could be encorporated into Dynasty/Online Dynasty so instead of just looking at a bunch of stats you can see the play that won the game in another important game you weren't involved in.

- Replays or the ability to spectate other games in online dynasty. In my dynasty I would've paid to see a game between two teams that went undefeated Year 1. The ability to watch user games would be crazy. Even if it was delayed or just highlights/touchdown replays. This would certainly add to the OD mode, at least my guys think so.

- Celebrations. Call it what you want it but I'm sick of seeing guys jump around looking like IDIOTS as if they've never scored a touchdown. The one celebration where buddies jumping up and down looks ******** and I don't think ANY college players celebrated like that. I think they could just simplify them, I don't want anything extravigant but don't make them look like idiots. Simple group hug with a players fellow receivers/linemen or even the player flipping the ball to the referee would impress me.

- Improving online dynasty issues. My OD has had tons of issues not uploading some of my users games and REDICULOUS sim losses. One guy has built his NC program to a solid team, 5* program and he caught a sim loss to ECU 44-0. Like come on. It's like they just decided to ruin part of our season, I mean if ECU ever beat NC it would be by 3 maybe 4 points. But 44-0, come on. That's just rediculous. The sim engine should NEVER produce unrealistic numbers like that.

That's all I can think of now.

MLB - Atlanta Braves
NFL - Philly Eagles / Seattle Seahawks
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NBA - Detroit Pistons
College - USC Trojans
Old 12-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #67
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el bandolero
Because when EA says they'll improve what they think is presentation, they completely ignore gameplay. So people now think if we pitch gameplay only, they'll throw us a bone. You have to remember this is a very un-motivated company, there is no reason for them to go "above and beyond."
I did not purchase this game this year. I gameflyed it and will continue to do so until they go "above and beyond". I followed this year development from start to finish for the first time and I thought it would be subpar and for me it was. Im not a blind consumer I dont care how much I use to enjoy something.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I did not purchase this game this year. I gameflyed it and will continue to do so until they go "above and beyond". I followed this year development from start to finish for the first time and I thought it would be subpar and for me it was. Im not a blind consumer I dont care how much I use to enjoy something.
Well good for you, I'm glad to hear people say that.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:25 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 20

I would like to add something that no one has said. They need to change the run/pass ratios that you find in coaching profiles back to the way they were before this year, when they affected both the computer play calling in played games and simmed games. This year they only affect simmed games giving the user no way to correct Cpu teams run/pass ratios that may be off. For instance every time I play a team like Florida they pass more than they run when we know they run more than they pass in real life and of course there is no way to correct this. I honestly have no idea why they changed the run/pass ratios to not affect played games this year, there was no reason for it.

Also in general I agree with those that are saying the gameplay needs to priority number one, forgot all these minor things people are posting except of course for the presentation which needs some improvement. There are way too many core game play issues that need to be fixed before some of the minor things are added to the game. For instance the line-play in this game is still horrible in multiple areas. No true pocket yet, bad blocking ai, suction blocking and an extremely limited number of line animations just to name a few.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 01-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #70
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I honestly do not think they can improve things like line play and animations. I think this engine they are using is horrible. There is no physics or any type of realism built into it. Players have no type of weight distribution or self awareness, ratings have no meaning what so ever, after a while of playing this game it looks like you are playing with stick figures. If a 5'10" 189 pound punter can line up at guard and block a 300+ pound DT something is wrong with that. Animations are really bad in this game, there is no way they had a human Mo Cap those running animations. I hope someone else other than Tiburon gets a shot at working on EA's football titles in the future. We can type on this message board all day long but it is not going to do any good until this game is rebuilt from the ground up, with a new team behind it. I really doubt that happens anytime soon.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #71
Rookie

Macc24JR's Arena

OVR: 5

I also think they could improve routes and route running. There's so many routes these days and it seems like EA's are outdated. The routes where it's a mini-screen almost your receiver just runs two or three steps towards the quarterback and it's a quick pass would help move some chains, I'd certainly use on 1st and 2nd downs. They also need to improve on curl routes or outside curls. Too many times corners will jump these and take it back for 6. Almost to the point where I NEVER use them once an an entire season. These are some of the most clutch routes quarterbacks rely on and are generally the best at beating coverage. I'm terrified to use them in the game, though. Corners biting more on the deep routes, especially when you set them up could result in the curl route that corners either slip and miss coverage or your receiver gets the inside and takes it for an extra 10+, something that happens almost once EVERY game.

MLB - Atlanta Braves
NFL - Philly Eagles / Seattle Seahawks
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NBA - Detroit Pistons
College - USC Trojans

Last edited by Macc24JR; 01-03-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hello, EA
After my previous letter I still strongly believe in physics/gameplay is the way to go for next year’s game....
I also realized AI reaction of the players and CPU need to be refined.
fficeffice" />>>
THE TRENCHES(O-LINE/D-LINE)
In real life O-Linemen don't take steps back on run-plays, they are taught to a drive-step (forward!) toward their opposing man. Now as they proceed to do that next they must* bring their hands* along with their feet. Therefore not using their body-weight and leaning, much like NCAA Football's misleading animations of linemen just leaning..or not looking for a man. Which leads to another point if OL misses his man he DOESNOT stand around observing his QB getting sacked. If this occurred in real-life that OL would lose his job too quickly. ((P.S.--Now on OL the most valued pos. is the LT(Left Tackle)..why? Because the LT protects the QB blindside seeing as most QBs are RT Armed and have their back to the left side.--note this EA, please note this)) Now to DL, DL are naturally faster and quicker than OL, however this is never expressed unless a O-Linemen shifts opening up a gap a truck could drive thru. As DL you are taught correct technique footwork, yes DL have footwork to master. Now seeing that DL are faster than OL (most often than not) "Great" DL should whoop a "Weak" OL 75-87% of the time during a game. Therefore in a game there Florida's Great DE #8 Carlos Dunlap should not be getting blocked by a weak OT from FIU, allowing him to win maybe 35-58% time. That's ridiculously, however I’m not saying EA to allow Dunlap to win 89-99% however based on his Attributes it would allow him to win roughly 82-89% of the time. Visa-versa if there is an excellent OL that has great-high ratings (i.e. a Texas Longhorn Offensive Guard) should not be getting blown off the ball by a North Texas DT(Def. Tackle). The OG should win 78-88% of the time, however if the OG is less quick and as fast as the DT but stronger he should win 75-88%. EA review your OL and DL Ratings; they consist of footwork & skill strength. So, if a have a reliable skillful run-blocking OT he should be able to block an elite quick pass rushing DE. Why? Because a OT that is strong in mostly run-blocking means his pass-block footwork is lower, however doesn’t say he can’t pass-block its jus that going against a pass-rush DE he is going to have a difficult time.<
WRs & CBs INTERACTIONS
For years EA fans have complained about interactions of WRs and CBs, however Madden made an attempt, but didn’t quite fulfill expectations. Now in College elite WRs who have great feet and are quick find ways to beat their opposing opponent off the ball and into open space. Now true LOCKDOWN CBs understand they must find ways to knock their opposing WR off balance and out of their route, disrupting the QB-WR timing. As well in the air CBs who have their backs to the ball rely on judging the WRs hands and eyes to find the ball. Therefore leading to CBs breaking hands or only mid-air collisions and not amazing glitch 360 degree turns to intercept the ball or random knockdowns while having their back to the ball(EA tuned this down but didn’t completely remove it). Now when you have a 6’4 WR and a 5’10 CB obviously in the redzone a QB would look for a situation much like this seeing as the WR without a doubt has the advantage. However somehow these CBs found ways to magically out jump the WR and intercept the ball. What? Not at all possible if a QB lobs the ball up toward the WR the only reasons the ball should not be caught is if the CB plays the WR and not the ball, however in these situations the ball is caught 80-100% of the time depending on the ratings on both the CB and WR.
QBs and THEIR MOVEMENTS & OPTION/ZONE READ
To begin lets first start with the drop-back movement of an actual QB it’s more of a cross back step rather than that glitchy step slide shuffle EA has been using in their “NEXT GEN” games. This is quite upsetting how EA couldn’t fix something as small as this. Next is power behind the ball. First the ball looks too big and not real at all, more like a rocket cutting threw air. EA give the ball physics as well a ball should look as if it is floating weightlessly through air if it was thrown as a lob. Conversely the ball should look as if it was thrown hard forming a spiral tighter or looser depending on the QBs Throwing Power. QBs THRW ACC should vary in short, mid, & deep pass situations, much like in Madden QBs should have ACC ratings for these situations, however unlike Madden should matter more. Another I thing I feel should be added for all players and pos. is players tendencies muck like in the NBA 2k series or NBA Live even for that matter. Implementing Player Tendencies would allow players to edit and make players much like the real-life counterparts. For example for QBs if there were tendencies for how often the QB runs or passes could make a difference between a Jeremiah Masoli(#8 OREGON) and a Matt Barkley(#7 USC). Seeing as Masoli would tuck and go creating fanatical plays with his feet oppose to Barkley looking and throwing to an open WR. This feature would now allow me to feel like I’m actually playing with Tim Tebow or Terelle Pryor or even a Tony Pike, having tendencies would distinguish QBs from each other as well as starters from 2nd stringers. Now after reading my belief on the OL/DL interactions this leads us into QB zone leads and option plays. Now there are many people who ask to slow the game down like in Madden my guess why is to be able to be more successful at read plays and options. However I disagree strongly because Madden slowed was tragic and if they slow NCAA it would be horrendous. I recently played NCAA Football 07(Last Gen) and realized how the balance of the game allowed me to read the pursuit of the DE, which told me to give or keep the ball on the zone or Trip. Opt. The zone read or option is the basis for so many different college offenses, and is basically useless in NCAA Football 10. PLEASE EA FIX this, not cover it or half-way, but completely. PLEASE. I like the option to set plays up with other plays that’s good. Now if you guys fix the read it will be effective when I can go to zone read pass and put 6 on the board, or even opt. pass and throw a deep ball to RB#21 LaMichael James from Masoli. This will add to realism and parallelism to real “Saturday Gameday” football we fans want to see.
RBs--ABILITIES
Running Backs are usually classified as power, elusive/speed, & balanced. Power backs in college are usually 218-230 lbs or higher, elusive backs on average are about 175-205 lbs, and balanced backs 180-217 lbs otherwise can vary. So for recruiting NO MORE 176 lb powerbacks. Continuing on Power back tend to run like they are on wild hunt, just recklessly, with power steps just ready to run-over DBs or LBs, basically anyone who gets in their way. (an ex. Would be run style of ex-OU RB Adrian Peterson) Elusive/Speed backs run more like those trackstar animations EA has now, however more fluid and lower shoulder and light on their feet ready to change direction, cut, juke, stop-n-go/back step, or spin. These motions need to be implemented no-questions look at APF 2k8 and how they utilized the Right Stick on the controller without even using the LS an elusive back can make stick cuts, realistic shimmies, reliable real spins, back jukes, stop-n-goes, and jukes. The most exciting thing is the change in speed and how quick a player can change speed depending on ACCELERATION, which actually matters.(ex to look at Jahvid Best from Cal. or Reggie Bush ex-USC tail-back)Balanced backs have more of a “Textbook” run style fluid, smooth, and balanced allowing to transition into any move necessary; good cuts, stiff arms, a truck, etc. Running Backs just need to have their tendencies to like; how many times would they rather bounce it, or punch through the middle. Also on how sharp their cuts are how affective the jukes, spins, trucks, stiffs are and how quick they can change their direction in open space.
PLEASE EA REVIEW and READ PLEASE…and forum readers review as well. THNX—durum44 a.k.a 2nice

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »