Home

Enough with the disconnects in OD

This is a discussion on Enough with the disconnects in OD within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Enough with the disconnects in OD

It's already happened to me TWICE in a single season, I'm playing my game vs another user in OD and BAM!

Quote:
ATTENTION

The connection to your opponent has been lost
My opponent, gets the same exact message.

Ok, let's try it again ...

We made it past the 1st quarter, YEY!! We're gonna be able to finish this, that's awes .... BAM!

Quote:
ATTENTION

ba
Are you kidding me? I'm looking at going the full year without being able to play any user games, worst part is that I may go undefeated.

I may make it to the NC, against OSU, another user.

Just picture this, having a great NC game, each user putting everything on the table, our attentions fully devoted to every move that every player makes ....

BAM!

Quote:
ATTENTION

This constant disconnects plus other users not even being able to connect for their games for some odd reason I'm yet to figure out, it's KILLING, it's ABSOLUTELY DESTROYING, the Online Dynasty experience for all of us.

One user invites the other to the game, and it boots them out, they can never connect, the game is ultimately simmed. If connection issues in Online Dynasty are not fixed or if we at least don't get some sort of help on how to fix these problems, we all might as well just play Dynasty and that'd be that.

I know my OD isn't the only one experiencing these issues, I'd like for everyone who's going thru the same things to support this thread and maybe we could get somewhere.

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 04:42 AM   #2
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Enough with the disconnects in OD

agreed - this sucks... and its the EA SERVERS as both of our internet connectsions were high quality... we had 5 disconnects.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
Banned

JaBronie247's Arena

OVR: 26

5 disconnects DAYUM!! well this never actually happened to me 5 times but in 09 don't even get me started lol
Old 08-28-2009, 05:47 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

its far too common for me and a friend to start a game online and it doesnt seem to be in sync at the start. it starts the coin toss for me while his game is still in the loading screen or vice versa, the coin is called, the cpu seemingly takes the place of your opponent to choose for them, and then you get the connection to your opponent has been lost message. at this point you are disconnected while your opponent is at the coin toss and goes through what you just went through. happened for an online match and again when i set up an online dynasty.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

as long a OSU wins its all good v, hopefully we can connect since we had no problems in the rose bowl, but this definatly needs fixed we've had to sim about half the user game this season bcuz they can't connect or do and lose connection b4 half
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
stewaat

OVR:

Got it last night.

It ruins the statistical integrity of a dynasty and recruiting if you have to sim a winner.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Got it last night.

It ruins the statistical integrity of a dynasty and recruiting if you have to sim a winner.

Co-Sign and on top of that it ruins the excitement because even if you get a great play, you could be disconnected at any time.

I lost a 99 yard TD run and a 12 sack performance against user controlled OSU in my dynasty. We had to play the game 5 times. I had to restart the Texas A&M game 4 times. Its a silly waste of time. EA needs to resolve this.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

yup, we have had hundreds of disconnects... literally across all our dynasty's. There's no rhyme or reason to it, but it's a HUGE problem for user v user games.

it screws with the natural order of a dynasty, not to mention throw gameplanning for your opponent out the window.

they have said they are looking into and working on it, but it does not seem to be a priority for some reason.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »