Home

NCAA PS3 Patch #2 impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA PS3 Patch #2 impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 12:31 AM   #25
Rookie

aldogabd's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA PS3 Patch #2 impressions

I just had rice take back 3 kickoffs for tds in the 4th quarter to force OT. bringing my post patch total return tds given up to 5 in 24 hrs vs 2 in the whole time since the game released. wow! any solution out there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Not trying to diss you, but i've have 1 return since July returned against me. Try bumping up kickoff and punt power to get a deeper kick.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldogabd
I just had rice take back 3 kickoffs for tds in the 4th quarter to force OT. bringing my post patch total return tds given up to 5 in 24 hrs vs 2 in the whole time since the game released. wow! any solution out there?
Gotta sim those kicks. About the only way to get around it.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
Not trying to diss you, but i've have 1 return since July returned against me. Try bumping up kickoff and punt power to get a deeper kick.
Yeah, use the sliders to manipulate the game to make it as unrealistic, or in some guys' eyes, realistic as possible.

Looking at the game, and playing it a while on coaching only (well, QB Auto pass)....and thinking that actually playing HS football as a FS would help me in play-calling, I noticed that even with the difficulty set on "Heisman", I'm able to call plays, be aggressive, slide coverages, and put the best man on the field against the best offensive/defensive player on the field, and I'm still able to win.

Now, I'm a Terp fan, and by leaving it on Heisman, without any slider help, I was able to shut down Best, cover the WR's well, call the right plays, and beat Cal 24-3.

Now, it seems to me that "sliders", really aren't needed. It seems to me that just a little more edumacation in football, may be just what the doctor ordered.

However, it's your game.....you do what you want.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:18 AM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1
Yeah, use the sliders to manipulate the game to make it as unrealistic, or in some guys' eyes, realistic as possible.

Now, it seems to me that "sliders", really aren't needed. It seems to me that just a little more edumacation in football, may be just what the doctor ordered.

However, it's your game.....you do what you want.
Why not get rid of sliders AND difficulty levels? We should all be forced to play the game the exact same way. That's the best solution for everyone!

Just another ignorant post by someone who thinks everyone should be as good as him or he sucks. Over a million people will buy this game, and each of them may be young or old, play one hour a week or 20, know football or not but we should all just practice to make sure we all have the same skill level in EVERY facet of the game. Yup. That's a realistic expectation. We should force everyone in the world to speak english too. We don't need all these ridiculous languages out there either. It would be so much simpler if we all spoke the same language!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #30
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshog78
Well, try turning it down to 20,25 or 30 and see how that goes. If it's still not to your liking, go up or down to get the results you want bud.
Thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Why not get rid of sliders AND difficulty levels? We should all be forced to play the game the exact same way. That's the best solution for everyone!

Just another ignorant post by someone who thinks everyone should be as good as him or he sucks. Over a million people will buy this game, and each of them may be young or old, play one hour a week or 20, know football or not but we should all just practice to make sure we all have the same skill level in EVERY facet of the game. Yup. That's a realistic expectation. We should force everyone in the world to speak english too. We don't need all these ridiculous languages out there either. It would be so much simpler if we all spoke the same language!
Fantastic Rant!!! Really. Except for one thing....English is becoming the world's primary language.

I think they should keep the sliders and difficulty levels for you dopes that know nothing about football, but love to comment on it whenever you can on message boards.

However, I do think they should make an option for us more experienced footballers to turn the difficulty levels and sliders off completely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #32
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1
Fantastic Rant!!! Really. Except for one thing....English is becoming the world's primary language.

I think they should keep the sliders and difficulty levels for you dopes that know nothing about football, but love to comment on it whenever you can on message boards.

However, I do think they should make an option for us more experienced footballers to turn the difficulty levels and sliders off completely.
except most people messing with sliders actually make the game harder for themselves. Try again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »