Home

NCAA PS3 Patch #2 impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA PS3 Patch #2 impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2009, 11:32 PM   #49
Tiger Country

johnny4LSU's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA PS3 Patch #2 impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Exactly. As soon as he referenced his "high school playing days" I thought that was funny. Jim Rome would be proud. Al Bundy scored 4 TDs in one game at Polk High. I bet he's awesome at NCAA 10!!

Lmao!!! Classic

currently playing wwe 13, ncaa college football 2014
Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree with MCW. I wish EA would release there games with no sliders. I have different reasons though... it would force EA to get the gameplay right because no users would be able to manipulate the gameplay in any way possible. I think this would lead to EA having to pay more attention and do more testing with the gameplay before they release. I do realize a lot of users love sliders because they like testing and making the game more realistic, but with a perfect game you should not have to touch any sliders. In a perfect game sliders would be left on default and the gameplay would be realistic enough to please a majority of users. I don't touch sliders either, I just play on Heisman with default because that is how I have always played since I started playing NCAA in 02. What it comes down to is we payed 60$ for the game and we all have the right to play it how we want. Negatively commenting on the way others play is pointless because as long as they are having fun, who is to say how they should or should not play there game? Just MO...
Old 09-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1
BS.

Just leave it on Heisman if you want to make it harder.

No, you're talking about AA and adjusting the sliders to make it less easy. However, if you didn't have sliders, or difficulty levels, you wouldn't need sliders, just a better recruiting coordinator.\

So you, "try again". (Who the hell says that?)
I couldn't disagree with you more, you are coming across extremely arrogant as well. They used to release it without sliders if your can remember, and some people found it too hard, some too easy. If there was only one skill level, that "real" football fans would be challenged on, what about the 95% of the OTHER people who want to play it? I'm sure that would improve sales as well, having a game only a small percentage enjoy.

I'm sorry I'm not as good as yourself, and I have to make the game "less easy" to play on, but why is your $60 more important than mine? Why should they cater directly to you and not me? I don't want to study football all week in my spare time, I only have time for a game or two a week.

The sliders and skill levels make it so everyone can find a happy medium to play on, quite frankly, I dont want it to play EXACTLY like football, since it would then take three hours to play, which isn't what I'm looking for.

Basically, you are saying they should only make one skill level that suits YOU, and the rest of us need to get up to speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #52
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

Not scientific by any means but after the second patch I went ahead and played two games with the same teams at two different difficulties: Varsity and All American. Pre second patch I've had a hell of a time finding my sweet spot when it comes to sliders and difficulty. Pre second patch the game was absurd with all sliders at default 50. Zero pass rush and a bunch of other things we've all complained about in unision by and large.

Post second patch, with all default sliders at 50 as my experiment...I saw a much better situation at both difficulties. Certainly far from perfect but I find that now I'm at a point where I'm going to get comfortable at one of those difficulty levels and sliders adjustments will be tweaks and refinements vs. the figurative rocket science and throwing crap at a wall to see what sticks pre second patch.

I think if this game had shipped on its street date in the condition it's in now after the second patch we would have seen less outright hate and meltdowns and overall negativity that we've seen since the came out. Would it be perfect? Far from it. Hell no. But the game is significantly improved now after two patches than it was when it streeted IMO.

That's my two cents. YMMV.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 15

It's threads like these that have taken OS down a notch in the past year. IMPRESSIONS? More like three guys fighting over the value/use/worth of sliders and trying to one up each other with their "knowledge" of the game. Don't flatter yourselves thinking you know the game...there are many people who know the game and know it better than you or I do....

Sheesh. Impressions or what?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #54
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowack
It's threads like these that have taken OS down a notch in the past year. IMPRESSIONS? More like three guys fighting over the value/use/worth of sliders and trying to one up each other with their "knowledge" of the game. Don't flatter yourselves thinking you know the game...there are many people who know the game and know it better than you or I do....

Sheesh. Impressions or what?
No, its one guy coming in here with this holier than thou attitude towards anyone using sliders. The thread was going along fine until that point. What did he expect.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
except most people messing with sliders actually make the game harder for themselves. Try again.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Then actually go look at the slider forum where 90% of sliders have the cpu's QB slider at 10 and 15, and CPU pass blocking at 0 and 10. I'll give you that a lot of guys want the CPU's rushing game to be more effective, but that's about as far as it goes in terms of guys trying to make the game harder.
"Try again" indeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 01:58 AM   #56
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILZPWN
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Then actually go look at the slider forum where 90% of sliders have the cpu's QB slider at 10 and 15, and CPU pass blocking at 0 and 10. I'll give you that a lot of guys want the CPU's rushing game to be more effective, but that's about as far as it goes in terms of guys trying to make the game harder.
"Try again" indeed.
You must enjoy the Utah State QB going 23 - 25 against USC. Ok.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »